Marine Corps Trivia

As well as, it's yellow for officers and green for enlisted who are in the 5th Marines. Also, don't enlisted Marines who are on duty at State functions at the White House wear scarlet and gold cords?

nulli secundus said:
As well as, it's yellow for officers and green for enlisted who are in the 5th Marines. Also, don't enlisted Marines who are on duty at State functions at the White House wear scarlet and gold cords?

90 for Jager.

All the Fourrageres I saw in 5th and 6th Regiments were green and Scarlet the color of the level of Fourrageres awarded to the Regiments Croix de Guerre with Palms and Gilt Star.

An officer wearing a Gold Aggulete (cord) is an Aide de Camp to a Flag Officer.

Anything they do at 8 th and I is a Mystery to the rest of the Corps although several units do wear White, Gold or Scarlet pistol lanyards in Blue Dress and under arms.

For 50 milbucks . After which war and by which President were enlisted Marines given authorization to wear the Marine Corps embelm on their Service Blouses.

I don't know it, but I guess it must have been after the Korea war. The President at this Time was Eisenhower.

FutureDevilDog said:
I think it was after world war 1 in 1918 and the president was Franklin D Roosevelt

Ha Ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FDD caught it. You are correct FDR as asst SECNAV authorized the wearing of the Marine Corps Emblems by enlisted Marines for Valorus Service as part of the AEF IN 1918.

In 1950 Col. Lewis "Chesty" Puller was advised by Army Personnel recenctly returned from the fighting in Korea that the Marines should retain what 2 equipment items when they entered combat in Korea and why? Lets make this wrth 100.

03USMC said:
FutureDevilDog said:
I think it was after world war 1 in 1918 and the president was Franklin D Roosevelt

Ha Ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FDD caught it. You are correct FDR as asst SECNAV authorized the wearing of the Marine Corps Emblems by enlisted Marines for Valorus Service as part of the AEF IN 1918.

In 1950 Col. Lewis "Chesty" Puller was advised by Army Personnel recenctly returned from the fighting in Korea that the Marines should retain what 2 equipment items when they entered combat in Korea and why? Lets make this wrth 100.

How about 50 for each part?

I'm guessing it was meant as a very bad joke. I'm gonna say rifle as one of them. Why? Because your weapons are issued it you to kill the enemy.

Okay heres a hint. The items were uniform items that were specific to the USMC and distinguished them from the US Army. One at the Top the other at the bottom. Many commands later had the Marines remove them because they were distinguishing. One of the items gave the Marines a nickname used by the NK forces.

I knew it was too easy. :D The yellow kaki gaiters. The Army didn't wear them making the Corps stick out. There's a great quote that goes along with it. And I'll take a shot at the other. The EGA and USMC stenciled onto the left breast pocket. :?:

Yep the Canvas Leggings which were kakhi but had a yellowish tinge after being washed a few times. The nickname the the NK Forces gave the USMC 1st Brigade in the Pusan Permetier was " Yellow Leg Devils" and "Crazy Yellow Legs"

Not the EGA. Remember one uniform item was at the bottom (leggings) the other at the Top.

Correct.

What unit in the 1st Marine Division during WWII was refered to as 'The men in Burlap Hats"? make it 75

Back