Marine Corps Security Forces

EvilMinion

Alright, I had my first appointment with my recruiter the other day, and while I was looking at the MOS list Marine Corps Security Forces caught my eye. I then looked at the list again when I got home and noticed the OCC Field number was 0300, the same as Infantry. Does this mean that I would go through Infantry training if I went into this MOS?

yes, you would go boot camp, at either PI or SD, then you would go to SOI ITB (infantry training batalion). then you would go for another 6 months to marine security force school. then you go get stationed at 8th and I or something and if you do well get to go to camp david. and hten after all that stinct, you get to go be in a line company :).

Yes you go to SOI like Milidar said. But you don't necessarily go to 8th and I. You might but chances aren't great. After Security Forces School you'll be sent to ethier an MCSF Co. or a FAST Plt.

Can you choose between MCSF Co. or a FAST Plt.

cas i wanna do Security Forces but i would really really like to do Fast Plt. am i able to pick that..or do they just assign it to you

what do you do in MCSF Co.

You can put anything down on your dream sheet you want. What you get is what the Corps needs. So you'll be assigned to whatever unit needs the bodies.

Marine Corps Security Force companies provide security for Naval Stations that require a Marine Guard Force rather than Navy Master at Arms or DOD Security police.

So i can put down that i want FAST..

after my asvab..if i score high enough..what do i put down..

to get a chance at FAST..

security Forces right?
lol sorry

How long is school/where is it at..?

Can you tell me what i have to make on the Asvab..to even be able to sign for MCSF?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need at least 80 GT to go into the 03XX field, infantry. From there you can request assignment to Security Forces as a B-billet (one of the only B-Billet options at enlistment).

Training is conducted at Naval Security Group Activity Chespeake, Chesapeke Va.

School was 6 weeks, with additional weeks for FAST and RTT but that may have changed since my time. You won't go to NSGA until you graduate ITB.

wow sorry man im lost..

whats a B-Billet whats NSGA and ITB...
and so when i sign my contract is sign

the Infantry

thhen put in a request for Security Forces...

B-Billet is any job skill outside of your primary MOS.

NSGA- Naval Security Group Activity

ITB-Infantry Training Battilion

The real Gunny gives details.
Listen and learn from him Security Forces Kid.
A lot of people have actually come to this forum to prepare for entry into the military and have had positive experiences as a result. A lot of those folks aren't here in the forum right now because they're on deployment and they have a new life now.

Thanks,
So when i sign my recruit papers and all that good stuff in december i need to sign into the 03xx field..and then when i finish bootcamp do i request the Security Forces..or do i request it when i sign my papers with the recruiter?

so thats with the recruiter i guess..i guess the recruiter will help me with it all..??

what do RTT do..i noticed that in one of your previous threads on this post?

what are they exactly?

sorry for all this trouble and stuff im just wondering about it all?

Recapture Tactics Team AKA Close Quarters Battle teams are Security Forces version of a SWAT team.

8th and I has ceremonial and security elements. The Security Elements are part of Yankee White responsible for the White House and Camp David.

Stay away from the ceremonial stuff. Unless it's that sort of thing you're specifically into. Most folks I know avoided it like the devil and there's a reason for that.

Actually avoid 8th and I or you will be doing ceremonial stuff regardless of which element your in. Those Marines that stand outside the helo and outside the white house....................Yankee White security element. 8th and I is nothin but a dog and pony show that never ends.

Back