Marine Corps recruiting commercials

Jason Bourne

I love those

I remember that really old one with the lava monster, where the Marine runs into the middle of the volcano and shops his arm off.

I also like the one where he is climbing a mountain and it says how hard it is to be a Marine, but if you complete the journey you join your place among the world's greatest warriors THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE MARINES.

and i also like the one where it has that wall of pictures and that little boy and it says he is so proud because he hails from a family of the Marines.

how can one not want to join the Marines after seeing those commercials.
I wanted to join since forever.

don't you think the commercials are great

i think that all recrutiment commercials are bad...

It just shows that US needs more troops... Or that the army service is not as popular as it was before.

I am going to agree with Snauhi

I do not think that there has ever been a recruiting commercial that has inspired me. The things that would inspire me are military movies and detailed books on military history.

Recruiting commercials have been around since the dawn of television and not something new because the "US needs more troops". And they go further back than TV of course, radio, newspapers, posters all long before the television. If you are against recruitment, Snauhi, I wonder what you're doing here.

mmmm.... i am not againts recrutiment, iam just pointing out that the commercials are stupid,because they are just fake..

Jason Bourne wrote:
I remember that really old one with the lava monster, where the Marine runs into the middle of the volcano and shops his arm off.

LMAO! That one I want to see!

I am living in such a conservative, pacifist, anti-war country that I will probably never experiance such a funny thing. But I have seen some advertisings that made me want to take a rubber raft an paddle my way to the US over the North Atlantic directly. And if I only was a US citizen I would probably have joined up immediatly, even if I had to be a shit house cleaner in a desert camp outside the Kuwait border. But here I am. A married swedish citizen with a dog, and I cant do anything to make this world safer and save other human lifes, more then look at the news and get angry everyday after work. :cen:

I was born in the wrong country at the wrong time at the wrong place ;)

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

Actually I think the best commercials are the Army ones; like the one with the Russian immigrant driving the Stryker, that was cool. The Marine ones just seem so....cheesy.

Yeah so's the standing on a mountain peak with a back drop of the american flag blowing int he back ground, and marines marching faded into that:p It's all a bit much.

The one with the Cpl. in dress blues doing the manual of arms with a Springfield 1903 was the best. No sounds except the hands popping the weapon. Then at the end.

Maybe you can be one of us.

The Few. The Proud. The Marines.

Too bad most of you never saw it cicra late 70's.

Dont the USMC do a fancy rifle drill where they throw rifles with bayonets attached and catch it when comes back down?
...or is that another cadet rumor?

Cool that would be interesting.
I think mabye our lads are a bit scared that our SA80's will fall apart if they do that.

lol
well, at one of our drill competitions for JROTC, one of the cadets threw his rifle up in the air, and failed to catch it, it smashed and broke into like 8 pieces, and he fainted.

I've liked many recruiting commercials but the one I like now is the Army Reserve one where you see an empty office cubicle and the subtitle off doing such and such in Iraq, then an empty dorm study and the subtitle off training somewhere, and finally an empty car repair shop with a mechanics uniform neaty hung up and the subtitle off hunting so and so in Afghanistan. Commercial ends with the words "The most important part-time job you'll ever do". Real nice sound track too.

Last years armistance parade one of the honour guard fiented and bounced.
Then this year one of our cadets feinted onto our PO. LOL then the best bit was the paramedics, the guy doesnt know where he is or what he doing,just threw up and is white as a sheet then the paramedics say , " send him back in he's ok". LOL my chhief , a nurse just looked at them and said , "eh naw".

i like the one Army reserve ad that reads "sometimes the best soldier for the job is a Marine" i like that one a lot :)

I like the scottish soldier one, shows a lone guy kneeled in a field cammed up and SA80 at the ready. Then he looks at the camera and says , "I'm part of one of the most elite fighting forces of the world."

Then six or seven challangers and warriors drive past with the "soltire" on the back then an apache flies over.

Then he says, "we've never been stronger."

Back