A Marine Corps Birthday Party

DTop

A couple of years back we had a manager here who was an ex-Marine Corps officer in Vietnam. One November, he sent a memo out to all military veterans. He invited all military veterans, family members of deployed military, and so on to a Marine Corps birthday party. He did it up very nicely, cutting the cake with his sword and all that.
The funny thing was as each person came in the door, he had his secretary ask them what branch of the service they were in.
If you were in the USMC, he gave you a nice red T-shirt with the globe & anchor on it.
If you were in the Army he gave you an O.D. green baseball cap to wear which was actually pretty nice.
If you were in the Navy he handed you a sailor's cap. not bad either.
Finally, if you were in the Air Force, he made you wear a beanie cap that had a sliver propeller on top. It was hilarious, at least for those of us not in the AF.

Last edited by a moderator:
hahah, thats hilarious. Those AF people never did get along with the Marines.
I went to Kadena AFB one time and there was always somebody mean muggin me :lol:

Man one of my UDEP's on Oki fell around Christmas. We were all sittin in the USO of lovely Camp Hansen watchin the TV Armed Forces Far East Network AKA FEN; the Forced Entertainment Network. When Kadenas Christmas Party Announcement scrolled across the bottom of the screen,

It read. "The Kadena Airmans Club is having it's Christmas Party on 22 Dec. from 1930 hrs until 0200 hrs 23 Dec. No cover. Marines not welcome."

We laughed until we cried. :lol:

03USMC said:
It read. "The Kadena Airmans Club is having it's Christmas Party on 22 Dec. from 1930 hrs until 0200 hrs 23 Dec. No cover. Marines not welcome."
I guess the Air Force guys wanted to try and have fun without any Marines present.

i dont know if its a just a rumor or whatnot, but i heard that the AF gets hazard duty pay or some sort of special pay for living w/ Marines...if its true i think its kinda funny :)

Desert_Eagle said:
danthepirate said:
ah man that is great. hey my bud desert eagle should hear this one, a silver propeller cap...muahahahahhahaha

I am not your bud, and that was kinda dumb.

I was all done in fun. Even the AF veterans had a good laugh about it all. Just a little inter-service humor.

Back