Marine Bases Stateside?

Lafferty

Hello, Im 16 almost 17 and planning on joining the Marine Corps. I am wondering where a Marine would be stationed while stateside. Are there any bases in the midwest? I know theres Camp pendleton, CA, Parris Island, SC, and Quantico (if my info is right, i may be wrong). Thank you for any information you can give me and thank you for your service to our country.

There are many places stateside you can go, depending on what you want to do in the Corps. Camp Pendleton and Camp LeJeune N.C> are the two big bases, but there are reserve units all over with small I&I staffs, as well as rebuild centers in California and Georgia, 4th Marine Division hq in Louisiana, Naval and Marine corps air stations, etc. Like I said, it really depends on what you want to do. Talk to a recruiter to find out what mos's are where. Good luck.

If you want to chose where you live do NOT choose the USMC.

If you want to know where you might possibly be stationed then you should ask your career planner after your first enlistment. The USMC is big on "the needs of the Marine Corps". Get used to it because you will hear it often.

You can't pick unless you are lucky, and there are no safe bets.

You could always end up at Twenty-Nine Palms in the middle of the desert or Yermo outside of Barstow.

images

^^^ What he said. I picked East Coast while I was in SOI and ended up in Hawaii with 2/3. Not that I'm crying about that or anything...

Back