light em up 27 34.18%
The only Mary Jane I'll touch is my wife 52 65.82%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

October 1st, 2004  
Stafford911

Topic: Marijuna

What do you guys think. Legalize or not.
October 1st, 2004  
A Can of Man

Personally I think we should also try to phase out the cigarette... so obviously Marijuana is absolutely a total no no.
October 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

My opinion on the matter isn't listed. I believe that the world of "what is legal and what is not" needs to be more definite. Should marajuana be legalized? This question doesn't truly address the underlying issue:

Should the law prohibit/allow drugs of anykind? Alcohol and Tobacco should fall under the same category as Marajuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Meth, LSD, etc. They are all drugs that, if used excessively, can severely damage a person's health and shorten their life. Government ought make the REAL decision - "Is it the responsibility of the government to enforce the prohibition of activities where an individual is likely to severely jeprodize their own health and life? Is it their obligation to save us from ourselves?" If the answer to that question is "Yes", then it follows that Tobacco and Alcohol should be legally banned as well. If the answer is "No", then all drugs that are currently illegal should be legalized.
--
Boots
October 1st, 2004  
Darkmb101

Sure what the hell, if you want the younger generations to be stupid liberal hippies.
October 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Oh, so smoking pot is what makes you a Democrat? Didn't know. It explains a lot.
October 1st, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Oh, so smoking pot is what makes you a Democrat? Didn't know. It explains a lot.
i didnt say that, i said smoking pot tends to make people irrational and agree to about everything. But Democrats tend to be liberal hippies.
October 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I was kidding!
October 1st, 2004  
cpl_clarke

In my opinion it should be legalized. There are so many things that will destroy your body faster and more severely than pot. That's just my opinion.

PS - For the record, no i do not smoke pot
October 1st, 2004  
Redleg

It is illegal now, and it should stay that way forever...

Cannabis, Marijuhana etc.. can not be compared to alcohol and tobacco..

The effect when you have smoked it may not be much "worse" than alcohol, but it does affect you in many ways much longer (days).

I read an interesting report once about the effect of cannabis.

They (someone in the US) had tested it on pilots ( ) some years ago, and put them in a simulator.

Before they had smoked anything they landed on average just a few inches away from the centerline of the runway.
The hour after they had smoked it they landed up to 45 feet away from it (outside the runway).
But the biggest shock was 24 hours after they had smoked it, the average distance from the center line was up to 25 feet away!!

And it took another couple of days before the effects wore off, and they were back to normal landings.

I don't have a source for this right now, it was presented to us during a course about narcotics by the Police.
I'll see what I can dig up on the subject...

WINNERS DON'T DO DRUGS!!
October 1st, 2004  
cpl_clarke

ok so pilots: DONT DO DRUGS! Everyone else: use caution

But redleg you are right.
WINNERS DONT DO DRUGS