October 31st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I haven't. No desire to try it.
October 31st, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
RL have you done it before?
If I've tried it or not before doesn't mean anything, but No, I haven't and I don't intend to try it either..

My posts is not based on personal experience, but on scientific evidence.
Cannabis, Marijuana (and similar drugs) stays in your body much longer than alcohol, and it affects your senses much longer, even if you don't notice anything yourself...

And that's the dangerous part of it!
You may think that you're ok the day after, and that you can safely drive a car, but in reality you are not...
October 31st, 2004  
A Can of Man

They might be good people but we should be better than that.
--
Boots
October 31st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

not, it is more addictive than tobacco, and well it impairs the mind more than alcohol.
October 31st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Heroine is the only drug that comes anywhere close to being as adictive as Nicotine. Marajuana is not inherently addictive except on a psychological level -- i.e. Stoner Bob liked what it did to him. Nicotine and Heroine both have a chemical side that, in the case of heroine, can cause the body to go into shock when a user stop using. Nicotine doesn't necessarily throw the human body into a state of shock, but there is a much more chemical side to being addicted than most addictions.
November 1st, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
RL have you done it before?
If I've tried it or not before doesn't mean anything, but No, I haven't and I don't intend to try it either..

My posts is not based on personal experience, but on scientific evidence.
Cannabis, Marijuana (and similar drugs) stays in your body much longer than alcohol, and it affects your senses much longer, even if you don't notice anything yourself...

And that's the dangerous part of it!
You may think that you're ok the day after, and that you can safely drive a car, but in reality you are not...

Hey man, I take it because it makes me very calm. Maybe off-topic(?) but I smoked a eigth before I took a drug test a month ago and passed it... RL I know what you mean and everything but through my personal experiences it's never "messed" with my senses.
November 2nd, 2004  
Romero

I used to smoked it until recently, from when I was 15 to when I finished university. I think it should be legalised here in Britain.
It messed me up a few times, when I smoked some bad weed, but it hasn't had a negative effect on me, my friends who smoke it, or the purple goblin that follows me everywhere.
November 2nd, 2004  
Mark Conley

wow...thats quite a lot on that subject.

Let me relate something on the personal level.

before i joined the service..i was a heavy user of marijuana. so when it came time to join the service..after my first wife divorced me..i knew that she would just absolutely make my security life in the military miserable. so when i went to enlist in the air force..i told them the 100% truth. Told them all about the drug use. made them put it on all of my enlistment papers. on the application. in short, on every piece of offical documentation that went in.

Now, it did knock me out of some very unusual career choices like tail gunner on a B-52 and all nuclear weapons jobs..but I still got in. the only stipulation was..that for the four year enlistment..and each subsequent re-enlistment..no more drug use. while i was in. at all. never never never.

Every frigging month that the bottle call went out...i was selected. through out my whole career..so i guess they have a true piss record on me that wont quit. But Redlegs right. The marijuana i used..came out of my body fat and protein for years. oh it wasn't to an amount that would have put me out of the service..but it came out and was measurable. for twenty freaking years. I guess thats why they used me..as they had had a good estimate of usage and just wanted to see what would happen.

If you are considering taking any type of drug..please be aware that there are some things that just cant be explained.
November 2nd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Damn, that's a long time for traces to still be showing up!

It seems there's the Scientific Evidence side of the story -- which tends to be pretty precise.

Then there's the side for users of ol' Mary Jane that believe its not hurting them -- Their evidence? "I can swear to you its hasn't affected me." Since human beings are not very good judges of how a thing is or isn't affecting them, it's pretty poor evidence. They also have nothing to compare to in order to be objective. They do not have a "never used marajuana" clone of themselves to verify whether its having an affect or not.

I still say that alchohol CAN be worse. Consider the favored past-time in my old hometown in Wyoming. Go drink your limit at as many bars as you can without passing out. Many enthusiasts of this tradition come home and finish off the evening by beating the living shit out of the wife (and kids if there are any). Yet those are people who, when sober, would never think of doing any such thing.
November 4th, 2004  
AussieNick

Ah drinking, it's like a national sport here in Australia.

As for marijuana, the penalty here should be tougher. We are way too lenient, it should remain criminal, and it should incure a jail sentance, not just a slap on the wrist fine. Here you get fined $50 for personal use amounts, and you can have 3 plants if they are under a certain height and not grown hydro. What kind of a message does that send. It's totally stupid.