View Poll Results :Legalize it or not
light em up 27 34.18%
The only Mary Jane I'll touch is my wife 52 65.82%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

October 2nd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

This is just a whim but, as it is its not ahrd at all to get marajuana. What would happen if you legalized it and put taxes on it. Gangs get all (if not all a whooole lot) of their money from illegal drugs. If people don't buy from gangs anymore, because you can get it legally, wouldn't you be putting gangs out of business?

I'me sure there are flaws with that plan, and I would like to hear them.
October 2nd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

gangs would just mass produce it and make it alot easier to get, or find another way to entertain themselves
October 2nd, 2004  
rOk

For the state it's still better even if gangs mass produce it. Some of the cash would eventually end up in the budget...and better some then nothing.
Besides, the law should be very clear and strict on how much a person could grow per year and the quantity still allowed to carry with yourself.
Of course there would still be illegal growers but overall the state would most probably win.
--
Boots
October 2nd, 2004  
Stafford911

and if the states do well then the country does well. think about it, all those southern states could have the new cash crop and get rich and the north can package and sell it like hot cakes and do good.
October 28th, 2004  
battery

Why not? I'm experiencing everything I can while i'm young because I know what my future holds... Yes, I do smoke marijuana, and reguardless of what people think, no, it doesn't hurt my senses/depth perception/reactions. I'm in VERY good shape. And no, it's not that addictive... Not nearly as bad as cigarettes which I quit awhile ago.

Oh, and i'd like to point out that i'm not a liberal or a democrat, i'm a full-supporter of Bush and a happy republican.

"pot smokers are liberal hippies" that's the most biased thing i've heard in weeks.
October 28th, 2004  
cbbr08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
Sure what the h**l, if you want the younger generations to be stupid liberal hippies.
hahahah thats funny... Ive tried MJ before and it was ok.
October 28th, 2004  
USAOwnz

Well, sure. I don't tolerate the stuff whatsoever, but....
October 29th, 2004  
egoz

the gov could make a lot of money if we tax it. as for my opinion on it? well i've only seen it in a bad light. where i grew up everyone that smoked pot did other things too. most of the pot heads i knew have yet to do anything in life too. i realize that not everyone who does it is this way, but i'm basing this off of personal experience. i've seen it break up marriages though, but that was because there was dealing involved also. i dunno, like everything else in life it's up to you what you want to do. doesn't matter what anyone else tells you, it'll always come down to your decision.
October 29th, 2004  
Marksman

Heck no! i think that marihuana shouldnt be legalised,besides ppl would freak out on another tax
October 29th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
and reguardless of what people think, no, it doesn't hurt my senses/depth perception/reactions. .
This is not what people "think", this is what scientists know...

The effect just after you've smoked it may not be much worse than alcohol, but it stays in your body and affects your senses much much longer.. (days)