Marijuna

Legalize it or not

• Total voters
This is just a whim but, as it is its not ahrd at all to get marajuana. What would happen if you legalized it and put taxes on it. Gangs get all (if not all a whooole lot) of their money from illegal drugs. If people don't buy from gangs anymore, because you can get it legally, wouldn't you be putting gangs out of business?

I'me sure there are flaws with that plan, and I would like to hear them.

For the state it's still better even if gangs mass produce it. Some of the cash would eventually end up in the budget...and better some then nothing.
Besides, the law should be very clear and strict on how much a person could grow per year and the quantity still allowed to carry with yourself.
Of course there would still be illegal growers but overall the state would most probably win.

and if the states do well then the country does well. think about it, all those southern states could have the new cash crop and get rich and the north can package and sell it like hot cakes and do good.

Why not? I'm experiencing everything I can while i'm young because I know what my future holds... Yes, I do smoke marijuana, and reguardless of what people think, no, it doesn't hurt my senses/depth perception/reactions. I'm in VERY good shape. And no, it's not that addictive... Not nearly as bad as cigarettes which I quit awhile ago.

Oh, and i'd like to point out that i'm not a liberal or a democrat, i'm a full-supporter of Bush and a happy republican.

"pot smokers are liberal hippies" that's the most biased thing i've heard in weeks.

the gov could make a lot of money if we tax it. as for my opinion on it? well i've only seen it in a bad light. where i grew up everyone that smoked pot did other things too. most of the pot heads i knew have yet to do anything in life too. i realize that not everyone who does it is this way, but i'm basing this off of personal experience. i've seen it break up marriages though, but that was because there was dealing involved also. i dunno, like everything else in life it's up to you what you want to do. doesn't matter what anyone else tells you, it'll always come down to your decision.

battery said:
and reguardless of what people think, no, it doesn't hurt my senses/depth perception/reactions. .

This is not what people "think", this is what scientists know... ;)

The effect just after you've smoked it may not be much worse than alcohol, but it stays in your body and affects your senses much much longer.. (days)

Marksman said:
Heck no! i think that marihuana shouldnt be legalised,besides ppl would freak out on another tax
the only people that would freak out are the ones being effected by the tax. it's like taxing alcohol, who cares if there's a tax if you don't drink any?

just to put up some type of defense for pot smokers out there, it has been legalized in certain countries and the consequences aren't nearly as chaotic as some may think. the good news to making a drug like this legal is that when people realize they have a problem with it, it's easier to go to a clinic to get help.

but you have to look at it this way. as a teenager the more someone tells you something is bad the more curious you will get about it. it's a simple fact of life. the way i grew up my dad told me i could do whatever i want, but i had to be willing to face the consequences. the good news was that since i had the opportunity to do everything from crack to smoking weed it took away that curiousity. my dad grew up in an era where experimentation with drugs was just part of being a kid, so he knew there was no point in fighting in. the best you can do is make sure nothing the kid stays relatively safe and doesn't go out and rob a store or attempt to drive.

Well it's good to see we people here have a pretty healthy approach to life.

I think we should keep Marijuana illegal because there's nothing good about legalizing yet another poison.
I personally think the reason why alcohol and cigarettes cannot be illegalized is because they are such an integrated part of society... though I think in a few countries, anti-smoking campaigns are working out. Eventually when demands for cigarettes drop way low, it too can be illegalized. I don't see alcohol going away though.
I'm saying, just because one's "just as bad" as the other, isn't a justification into legalizing it.

Illegal all the way.

Yes there are going to be respectable people in our society that smoke up. I hate it when the "I am a good person" defence is used. Weed does way more harm than good. I watched my half brother throw his life away because of weed. In high school, he was an excellent basketball player. Most thought he could get a college scholarship for playing the game. In his 2nd year, he got involved with weed. His game was severely affected by this. He did not play his junior year and dropped out of high school is senior year. He settled for lobstering. One night, he broke into a home and stole some checks. He was arrested a few weeks later after trying to use those checks. He got 3 years probation. He pissed hot and is now in jail for the next year.

So go ahead, use the "I am a good person" defence. For every one of you, there are 5 others who are not good people for using weed.

I knew a kid who had a full golf scholarship to an ivy league school but he pissed it off when he decided to hit the pipe instead of hit the course. it is pretty tragic when that kind of stuff happens.

yes but,that way ul have many many more ppl dying in car crashes being under effect of marihuana,and its way morea adictive than alcohol,and last thing i want is my kid smoking marihuana on the street

Marijuana is not as bad as other illegal drugs but once you legalize one then people will start fighting to legalize another. I say get rid of the drugs and send the people that want to use them to a place where it is legal.....

I would hate for my kids to see it get legalized and start to use it.....

I would feel sorry for the person that tried to give it to my youngsters.... :2guns:

Redleg said:
battery said:
and reguardless of what people think, no, it doesn't hurt my senses/depth perception/reactions. .

This is not what people "think", this is what scientists know... ;)

The effect just after you've smoked it may not be much worse than alcohol, but it stays in your body and affects your senses much much longer.. (days)

RL have you done it before?

Back