View Poll Results :Legalize it or not
light em up 27 34.18%
The only Mary Jane I'll touch is my wife 52 65.82%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

September 5th, 2007  
Donkey

To bad all your arguments don't explain why religious extremists who are completely against drug use act the very same way you say you will act if you light up...

Brainwash on, we made this all up anyways
September 5th, 2007  
senojekips

There are a loose knit group of dope smokers in the Australian sea going industry, it is not hard to pick them out.

The one major thing that I noticed during my 26 years was that almost without exception, the dope smokers were basically lazy bastards. The heavier the use, the lazier and more devious was the person. They also tended to be somewhat neurotic when the whoopie weed ran out at sea and there was no chance of getting any more.

So what is it,.... are lazy, conniving persons attracted to this form of escape from reality, or does drug use cause them to become that way.
September 6th, 2007  
Kiwi

I don't believe in drugs like that full stop. And I think that if they are caught, a one way trip to never never land should be booked.
--
Boots
September 13th, 2007  
major liability

I think cannabis should've been legal from the get-go. The main reason it was banned was because DuPont was afraid of losing money to hemp. It was branded marijuana because of the prevalent racism against Mexicans back then, using a Spanish word would help gain support for a ban.

Also, the negative effects you list are WAY exaggerated. I've been around people smoking for a long time, and they have never had any of the problems you describe (especially not the 25 feet off the runway problem). Also, when taken with a vaporizer the negative effects to the lungs are all but eliminated. Alochol and tobacco are more damaging to your health. Alcohol MOST DEFINITELY makes you far more dangerous to those around you than weed. With weed, you might feel compelled to eat some food and chill on the couch (which is a bad thing without moderation), but alcohol makes one more aggressive and overconfident, and impairs your motor skills far more than cannabis can. Oh yeah, and it's virtually impossible to OD on weed, whereas you can easily get alcohol poisoning and resulting liver failure when you drink too much.

I know lots of people who are in college and on their way to productive lives who smoke pot regularly. The only drugs I have ever seen screw up people's lives are prescriptions, coke, and alcohol. One kid I know almost died because he passed out on pills in a parking lot with his car on and the windows up. My grandfather and uncle both had problems with alcoholism, that they were only able to overcome over a couple of decades. Coke, well, everyone knows what coke can do to a normal person.
September 13th, 2007  
03USMC

I'm here to tell you that smokin the reefer does impair your ability to operate vehicles and impairs your fine motor skills there Cheech.
September 13th, 2007  
Kiwi

Well when I work as an ambo, I by passed drug users. Smoking pot or shotting up you are too much of a risk. And total waste of space.
September 13th, 2007  
bulldogg

Smoking weed led my sister down a path seeking bigger and better highs and eventually her death. No one ever tried heroin because Pabst Blue Ribbon or Johnny Walker wasn't doing it for them anymore.
September 13th, 2007  
senojekips

^^^ I'll drink to that^^^
September 13th, 2007  
major liability

I'm very sorry to hear that bulldogg, weed can certainly lead one down that self-destructive path without moderation. But all drugs are lethal without moderation. That's the key word here. Drink too much alcohol and your liver goes, smoke too much pot and you develop a resistance, which can lead to hard drug use. I've seen some people get a resistance where it would take them 3-4 times the normal amount of weed to get them high.

Also, I was not disputing the fact that cannabis impairs motor control. It is far less impairing than alcohol, though. Driving or operating other potentially dangerous machinery while under the influence of any psychoactive drug is a very, very bad thing. Unfortunately, not everyone is responsible enough with their own lives and the lives of others to understand this.
September 13th, 2007  
Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
^^^ I'll drink to that^^^
Aye mate.

@ Bulldog I am sorry you had that happen to your family mate.

@major liability Drinking yes causes health issues with out a doublt.
But its legal.

The damage Weed causes in soicety is beyond the individaul. Justifty its use is reckless and stupid.

There are medical benefits, but we are not debating the chemical make up of the drug.

Just its misuse. Supporting any form of Illegal activity is wrong regardless of which form it takes.

We have laws for a reason, to protect the greater good, anything less is fool hardy to go against.

Too much blood is been spilt to maintain the freedoms we have, and going against the country is like spitting in the face of all thats served past present and future.

Its not just a drug its a matter of principal and morales.

Rant over.