The only Mary Jane I'll touch is my wife 52 65.82%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 12th, 2006  
FutureDevilDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by therise21
the bottom line is smoking weed isnt going to single handedly ruin your life. everything in moderation. weed effects different people in defferent ways. if you are responsible about it, it is a good way to kick back and have a good time. if you arent, then you can have some serious problems(dui, depression, etc.). this is the same with everything. if you are responsible, go ahead, if not, dont.
Quoted For Truth!
June 12th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Legalize it of course. If you don't like it, don't do it and mind your own freakin biz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
Quoted For Truth!
Ya, pretty much.
June 12th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cooler King
Smoking pot shows what kind of character you really have. You need pot to make you passive and laid back to relax and have fun. If this is the case, that you need a substance to make you laid back, you are indeed a very weak person. You are showing that you have absolutely no intestinal fortitude.
Tell that to the thousands of troops around the world who've smoked weed during wartime throughout the ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
And no, cannabis is not addicting so stop misinforming people.
Well it is somewhat addictive to me. But addiction is a choice, not a disease. Last year I used to smoke up about 5 days a week except during exam time. But I never felt I had any withdrawal symptoms after prolonged periods of time of not smoking it. It's definitely not a drug I want to give up entirely like cocaine. Well I never really started cocaine. I tried it a few times and decided it's lame and makes your nose bloody.

Anyway: Bottom line : YOU choose what substances enter your body and which don't, not the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina
well i'm female....so i couldn't decide what to pick......but i just decided the second one because i don't do it. so yeah, lol
If you decide not to do it, that's cool, but why do you want to decide for other people too (as your vote seems to indicate).
--
Boots
June 12th, 2006  
The Cooler King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar Deathstrike
Tell that to the thousands of troops around the world who've smoked weed during wartime throughout the ages.
Where'd you pull that statistic from? The movie Platoon?
June 13th, 2006  
FutureDevilDog

Cannabis use dates back to 6000 BC
June 13th, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz-do
Quitting shows what you really care about and what you will do to get the things in life that are important on the table and dealt with. Addiction comes in many forms . And none are good.
You know Jaz, I was playing advocate of the Devil here and I reckon that you are right on more then one occasion. But my reason for doing so is that you have only two options: a) you never use b) you are an addict. I am neither....
The times that I smoked some were in situation that were premeditated. I was off from work, had the next day off, took public transportation and was with good company. It was fun and nothing happened! You can smoke some, once in a while, but like with so many thing in life; take it easy and don't over do it...

p.s. Sorry about the remark about your age, but the list sounded so gullible. It has been done to me too and I found it very condescending, so I apologize for that!
June 13th, 2006  
jaz-do

I accept . and am not condemning anyone. (I would have to condemn myself
for my past
June 14th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cooler King
Where'd you pull that statistic from? The movie Platoon?
For instance I've seen a documentary in which US troops in 'Nam use a shotgun as a pipe.

Not entirely related but nevertheless interesting: The Israeli Army uses THC to treat shell shock:

http://archives.tcm.ie/breakingnews/...tory160234.asp

Anyways, the only thing smoking pot says about your personality is that you smoke pot.
June 17th, 2006  
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
They (someone in the US) had tested it on pilots ( ) some years ago, and put them in a simulator.
Military forces all over the world (spes US) have been used as test-subjects for all kind of drugs during the last century (at least) The internet is overflowing with documentary films (beware of the false ones) wich shows the effect. Watch some of this films, and this poll concludes itself....

Lets fight "the war on drugs" with napalm!
September 3rd, 2007  
Digital Wanderer

I chose to legalize it.

I don't smoke it, and my one try many years ago resulted in a whole lot of nothing. I prefer alcohol for my sense-altering drug.

Anyhow, my thinking behind legalizing marijauna (and many other drugs) is tied into a few other ideas for a better way of running the US. This means that all of my thoughts need each other to be implemented.

Legalizing drugs means that the government can tax them.

Legalizing drugs means that the government would be able to regulate them; no more mixing drugs with instantly-fatal ingredients.

Legalizing drugs would greatly hamper the ability (and reasons) of gangs to afford and commit violence on one another and strangers. Drugs make money; those selling it can afford all sorts of illegal firearms; mixing firearms with a desire to make money at any cost (such as by selling illegal substances that are proven to destroy lives) leads to violent takeovers between gangs.

Tie legalized drugs to a government-sponsored health system (get rid of most private health care operators and put HUGE caps on malpractice suits) and make it known that anyone coming in for medical treatment gets automatically tested. Those found with drugs in system do NOT get the treatment they need. After all, why should the government care about you if you don't care about you. The only exception would be children under the age of 16 - they may not truly grasp how bad off they are being addicted to something. All other life-saving treatments and hospital stays are free (in contrast to cosmetic surgery, which is pay as you go).

Gangs won't go away, but without their major source of funding, they would be greatly hampered in ability to operate. Without the lucrative profits that illegal drugs provide the pushers, the pushers and their growers (like the opium fields throughout Asia and the coca fields throughout South America) would have to find some other means to make money. They eventually would, but it wouldn't be via drugs.

Legalized drugs would be tied into a mandatory birth control program; one of the requirements to have children is to NOT be addicted to something, illegal, or not.

My world is a bit draconian in nature, but also surprisingly free in other aspects.

One can dream...