marijuana, u tried it before? - Page 8

--
Boots

February 12th, 2005  
Vitaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi
i think that just the fact that pot is illegal means you should keep away from it, people talk about it like its smoking a cigarette, and its not...pot is something you could go to jail for, or get into a lot of serious trouble over, how is a few minutes of feeling 'good' worth that?
So the fact that smoking weed is more legally discouraging makes it automatically worse? Even if the effects of tobacco are worse it doesn't mean that they are going to make tobacco illegal. Tobacco has been smoked for centuries while weed is much more recent. It's much easier to make it illegal since it isn't rooted into culture, tradition, and history as tobacco has due to the amount of time it has been in use. If the stuff was found just recently it would most likely be categorized as a drug with severe legal penalties. Also going to jail for pot is a lot harder than you may think. It takes multiple busts. Another thing, the thread is about weed, not harder drugs than envoke mandatory sentences for just possesion such as cocaine. AA wrote that drugs do effect intelligence and memory. Yes, a majority of them do. What I have been saying is that weed doesn't decrease brain activity. In my personal opinion I thought that weed effects only short term memory, but as it turns out it is scientifically proven to only effect that during the time of usage. As for long term memory, nothing is decreased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
btw, how old are you people that did the mary jane?
I have never smoked it.
February 13th, 2005  
MadeInChina

lol, ill gunmyself before i do

to me its a taboo
February 13th, 2005  
Vitaly

To get a 100% in the running portion of the Army fitness test you must run 2 miles in under 13:00 min. Weed isn't gonna help me maintain that statistic. So none for me.
--
Boots
February 13th, 2005  
MadeInChina

2 miles in 13 minutes???

wow, thats pretty easy, 3.2 km for 13 min

id say weed or no weed you can pass it anyways, tat is u keep up with your running
February 13th, 2005  
Vitaly

No, I know i can pass it I do it consistently. I just don't want to smoke anything untill I can go to basic then do it so it's all locked up.
February 13th, 2005  
Locke

im not going to ruin the temple that my body is with that stuff!!
LOL
ok, ill be honest im not that much of a temple lol but im not going to put any stuff in there that i wouldn't be in there naturally (well, except alcomahol)
February 13th, 2005  
Vitaly

Yep, no one is saying anything about alcohol...
February 14th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well, i dont see the point of weed, its expensive if you think about it

and wtf, i could save the money and buy some thing worthwhile 8)
February 14th, 2005  
Vitaly

Or you could grow, plus it really isn't that expensive, unless you smoke by yourself daily.
February 14th, 2005  
rOk

AA you see I don't drink that much so I have to indulge myself in other stuff.
And about the memory loss effect...that's true, although mostly ultra short term memory...as in I lose my keys (in my appartment) a lot.