marijuana, u tried it before?

I have been smoking hash for ten years. I grew indoor marihuana many times. I quit a year ago when I met my girlfriend. The first drug I tried was not marihuana, it was alcohol & tabacco. You always begin with that.
That´s a fact.

Smoke regular cigarettes once, but was dissatisfied because it was nothing.

So I won't be touching anything that needed to be lighted for delight.

I have actually never tried any drugs.

Growing up I never found a reason to try those type of things. I did get into a little bit of trouble, but nothing serious enough to get the cops involved.

I guess I just never thought getting caught doing something illegal would have been worth the trouble. Especially since I've wanted to join the Army since I was in the 6th grade.

Well, in Spain smoking a joint in your house is not illegal. If you do it outside you will get a 60 euro fine. If you have btw 1-25 grams of hash/marihuana you will get a 300 euro fine. Up to 250 grams the fine will reach the 1000 euros,and you will have a trial. With one kilogram you will get a couple years in jail. But if it is the first time you do a crime you will not go to jail, "they" will just keep on eye on you.

no way dudes yer not cool

no offence but using a substance to stimulate your self, not cool man. i feel sorry for anyone who does mary jane. it is just dumb

:biggun:

Re: no way dudes yer not cool

danthepirate said:
no offence but using a substance to stimulate your self, not cool man. i feel sorry for anyone who does mary jane. it is just dumb

The use of a sustance in order to stimulate is somtething that the human being have done for milleniums, it´s not something new. I could give you a huge list..., but I will reduce to this one:american indians used mushrooms, cannabis sativa, ayahuasca,peyote,mescalina; ancient Christians used mushrooms also; the romans during the Roman Empire used a really strong wine, they even had a god of the wine: BACO.

Remember that your own body produces sustances that have the same effect as drugs: adrenaline, endorfins, cannabinols....and many more

We should differenciate btw use and abuse, two different things. ;)

You do not have to feel sorry for anyone who use drugs ( marihuana, cocaine, LSD, tabacco, alcohol:yes it is a drug,.....) is a personal decision, they are responsable of their acts. Using this kind of sustance is a personal decision, you know the risk, you asume the consecuences; you can feel sorry, and I do also, for people that abuse drugs, the classical yonky. It is not the same having a beer twice a week that drinking a bottle of vodka every night. With the hash/marihuana is the same, it is not the same smoking a couple joints a week that smoking 20 grams a day. Everybody should see the difference.

Re: no way dudes yer not cool

danthepirate said:

The use of a sustance in order to stimulate is somtething that the human being have done for milleniums, it´s not something new. I could give you a huge list..., but I will reduce to this one:american indians used mushrooms, cannabis sativa, ayahuasca,peyote,mescalina; ancient Christians used mushrooms also; the romans during the Roman Empire used a really strong wine, they even had a god of the wine: BACO.

Remember that your own body produces sustances that have the same effect as drugs: adrenaline, endorfins, cannabinols....and many more

We should differenciate btw use and abuse, two different things. ;)

You do not have to feel sorry for anyone who use drugs ( marihuana, cocaine, LSD, tabacco, alcohol:yes it is a drug,.....) is a personal decision, they are responsable of their acts. Using this kind of sustance is a personal decision, you know the risk, you asume the consecuences; you can feel sorry, and I do also, for people that abuse drugs, the classical yonky. It is not the same having a beer twice a week that drinking a bottle of vodka every night. With the hash/marihuana is the same, it is not the same smoking a couple joints a week that smoking 20 grams a day. Everybody should see the difference.

Yep, exactly. Since my substance of choice is alcohol, I made it a rule that I never drink by myself. I also never feel the biologic need for it. I just drink whenever there is gonna be a party since being under the influence is an enjoyable experience in an enviornment where everyone else is also trashed.

The thing is, it's counterculture if you keep it illegal.
Which attracks a lot of people because it's cool or badass to smoke marijuana.

I live in Holland, nearby Amsterdam. Around here it's sort of socially accepted by the youth, which means it isn't really badass anymore. Which leads to a lot of people that would smoke it because it would be badass to not smoke it anymore and a lot of people who wouldn't smoke it if it would be badass to smoke it for better reasons.
Like, it can be relaxing after a hard day's work, or just plain fun to get high with friends (not like you can't have fun without it, but you can definetely have more fun with it), or to have a better experience at a concert, or to get to you know yourself better etc.
That last point is quite interesting, if you're sober your mind surpresses a lot, if you're high it doesn't. It can give you insight on why you do certain things or can help you deal with things you have put away deep inside your brain a long time ago. It can just open you up as a person to new ideas etc. It can definetely have a positive influence on people.
The danger of that is that it can also bring out mental disorders, that you otherwise would have gotten on a later age.

But otherwise it isn't really addictive, of course there are people who do get addicted. But if you take a good look at the statistics than you must conclude that alcohol is a more addictive drug, and most people can drink alcohol and be just fine, right?

And it's a non-toxic substance, just like rice for example (or patatoes, beans etc). Smoking a plant might not always be good for your lungs though. But it isn't a great concern if you smoke marijuana in moderation.

The argument that it works on your nervous system and that it must be bad because of that is just BS really. You probably never knew this: meat works on your nervous system, so does milk (hot milk with honey helps you fall to sleep), so does sugar, as do most substances. But with most substances you won't notice the effects because they're so small. Marijuana just has a much bigger effect, but that doesn't mean that it damages your brain in a way. It's amazing how many lies have been told about marijuana.

As for being a gateway drug: not really, some people do try harder drugs like cocaine or heroin (although even cocaine isn't that evil as you may think, by far most cocaine users are not addicted to it) and have started with alcohol, marihuana and tabacco but it's not like these drugs alter your brain chemistry in a way that leads you to try harder drugs or anything.

Poep said:

I live in Holland, nearby Amsterdam. Around here it's sort of socially accepted by the youth, which means it isn't really badass anymore. Which leads to a lot of people that would smoke it because it would be badass to not smoke it anymore and a lot of people who wouldn't smoke it if it would be badass to smoke it for better reasons.

I made this argument before so it's interesting to read it again.
Just make it not bad ass anymore.
Amsterdam Centraal Station is my Anti-Drug.

the_13th_redneck said:
Poep said:

I made this argument before so it's interesting to read it again.
Just make it not bad ass anymore.
Amsterdam Centraal Station is my Anti-Drug.

Yeah, central station. Since you won't get busted for using heroin it's more in the open. So you can see a lot of junks at central station. Makes you think again about a drug like heroin...
Ive heard a lot of people talking about heroin, saying: look at central station, that's why you shouldnt do harddrugs. It's THE drug for losers. No young people do it nowadays. We actually have the relatively least harddrug addicts of Europe (perhaps the world) with the most liberal policy in the world.
Should make you think about wheter the war on drugs is really that good of an idea..

Back