marijuana, u tried it before?

AA said:
uhh dude, tobacoo gives ur body tar, stsiumlants, nicotine, which is basically like eating candy that is addictive, gives you extra energy, and calms the mind

pot does soemthing to the nervous system that effects u

Now how can tobacco calm the mind if not by influencing on the nervous system?

AA said:
a guy i knew was getting straight As till he did pot, he did study hard but his brain just went down and his intelligence was pretty low, u can say he was a dumbass because of that

That's bull...there were most definitely other factors involved and besides you're intelligence doesn't need to be sky high for straight A's in the first place.

hmmm let me think

r0k has a valid point there.

Just because his grades went down when he was smoking pot doesn't mean it buggers your brain up. Could just do with attention span has gone down.

Tabbaco doesn't give you energy thats rubbish.

Just an addiction. Like people who need a cup of coffe at certain times a day. Energy is all in your head if you think you get it from tabbaco.

Re: hmmm let me think

Anya1982 said:
r0k has a valid point there.

Just because his grades went down when he was smoking pot doesn't mean it buggers your brain up. Could just do with attention span has gone down.

Tabbaco doesn't give you energy thats rubbish.

Just an addiction. Like people who need a cup of coffe at certain times a day. Energy is all in your head if you think you get it from tabbaco.

How about the fact that tobacco can give you a buzz? That's something else besides an addiction.

AA said:
hehe, how about this rok, you smoke a pound a day and we'll see in 20 years
LOL, halfway there and my IQ is somewhere between 138 and 152. It actually rose in the "smoking period" but I think that's got more to do with me growing up.
I took my first test at 11 and scored 118.

Vitaly said:
How about the fact that tobacco can give you a buzz? That's something else besides an addiction.

That's so very true...sometimes in the morning when I smoke I get "heavy feet" and that's exclusively tobacco effect.

lol

My IQ is 134 and I have been smoking and drinking for years, did the occasional drug try put when younger, passed every exam I sat at top marks.............so saying it deteriates your brain may be wrong.
Might just depend ont he person.

i think that just the fact that pot is illegal means you should keep away from it, people talk about it like its smoking a cigarette, and its not...pot is something you could go to jail for, or get into a lot of serious trouble over, how is a few minutes of feeling 'good' worth that?

Re: lol

Anya1982 said:
My IQ is 134 and I have been smoking and drinking for years, did the occasional drug try put when younger, passed every exam I sat at top marks.............so saying it deteriates your brain may be wrong.
Might just depend ont he person.

i am sure ur brain will have no problem due to ur smoking and drinking

but ur whole body,
live a good life young lady

IM willing ot accept those answers taht smoking pot does not rot brain cuz i have an open mind, but wtf, it doesnt make sense

drugs DOEs effect the intelligence, but especially the memory

durgs does wonders to your body, ull die early

chocklate and tea: thats my drug

btw, how old are you people that did the mary jane?

mandi said:
i think that just the fact that pot is illegal means you should keep away from it, people talk about it like its smoking a cigarette, and its not...pot is something you could go to jail for, or get into a lot of serious trouble over, how is a few minutes of feeling 'good' worth that?

So the fact that smoking weed is more legally discouraging makes it automatically worse? Even if the effects of tobacco are worse it doesn't mean that they are going to make tobacco illegal. Tobacco has been smoked for centuries while weed is much more recent. It's much easier to make it illegal since it isn't rooted into culture, tradition, and history as tobacco has due to the amount of time it has been in use. If the stuff was found just recently it would most likely be categorized as a drug with severe legal penalties. Also going to jail for pot is a lot harder than you may think. It takes multiple busts. Another thing, the thread is about weed, not harder drugs than envoke mandatory sentences for just possesion such as cocaine. AA wrote that drugs do effect intelligence and memory. Yes, a majority of them do. What I have been saying is that weed doesn't decrease brain activity. In my personal opinion I thought that weed effects only short term memory, but as it turns out it is scientifically proven to only effect that during the time of usage. As for long term memory, nothing is decreased.

AA said:
btw, how old are you people that did the mary jane?

I have never smoked it.

To get a 100% in the running portion of the Army fitness test you must run 2 miles in under 13:00 min. Weed isn't gonna help me maintain that statistic. So none for me. :D

2 miles in 13 minutes???

wow, thats pretty easy, 3.2 km for 13 min

id say weed or no weed you can pass it anyways, tat is u keep up with your running

No, I know i can pass it I do it consistently. I just don't want to smoke anything untill I can go to basic then do it so it's all locked up.

im not going to ruin the temple that my body is with that stuff!!
LOL
ok, ill be honest im not that much of a temple lol but im not going to put any stuff in there that i wouldn't be in there naturally (well, except alcomahol)

well, i dont see the point of weed, its expensive if you think about it

and wtf, i could save the money and buy some thing worthwhile 8)

AA you see I don't drink that much so I have to indulge myself in other stuff.
And about the memory loss effect...that's true, although mostly ultra short term memory...as in I lose my keys (in my appartment) a lot.

Back