• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not yet but I'm gonna try to get one

• Never have, Never will

• Total voters

pimp_squeak

I just want to get an idea of how many units have a band of some kind, be it drum and bugle, pipe and drum, fife and drum, what have you. For those of you who are interested I am in the 37 Courageous RCSCC Drum and bugle band as the lead bass drummer. We currently have 8 people on the drumline (3 bass, 3 snare, 1 quad and cymbals) as well as 11 Bugle players (5 Soprano, 2 Melophone, 3 Baratone and 1 Contrabass)

We dont have a band in our unit, but as for urs it has to many high voices and needs more Tenor/Bass voices.

I know, we're only allowed to have 31 people on the band for competition so we're trying to recruit people to play baratone and melophone. This might sound a little pompous but i think we sound great. We lost our star soprano this year because he got involved with choir stuff at school as well as another one of the key baratone players and we've made a pretty quick recovery...we've only been practicing for 3 months (2 hours every weekend, missed 4 or 5 because of parades etc) and all the new people know the music. I think that's rather impressive, taking people who can't play and turning them into a decent band....

My old unit (154 RCAirCS) has a Glock and Drum band. Before I left for the Reg Force, I was the Drum Major for 2 years.

My unit has a drum major, 2 pipers, a bass drummer, 2 snare drummers, 2 tenor drummers and a trumpet player

Back