March Madness has arrived!!

Duke and Butler. This is gonna be a great game.

I must say though, if Duke plays the Bulldogs the way they played West Virginia, it's gonna be ugly.

I think Butler can take 'em. I HOPE AND PRAY Butler can take 'em!!!!! I'm cheering for Butler mainly because their coach is a total hottie. :mrgreen: Well that and the fact that I would die before I'd EVER cheer for Duke for anything.

Butler. They have a very laid back don't-rush-me style of play that I don't think Duke will be able to handle. As long as they stay out of foul trouble and keep Duke away from the charity stripe, they'll be just fine. Oh and they'll definitely have to be agressive on the rebounds. Duke already has that cocky "we're here, just declare us the winner and give us the trophy" attitude that kills teams' ability to play a clean game. I really believe its going to be Butler's game. And its not just because I despise Duke that I feel that way. ;)

See, for the same reasons I think Duke will win it. John Scheyer and Nolan Smith are game pace setters. It won't be up to Butler, it'll be up to them.

Butler's center is 6-11, 239, and a freshman.

Brian Zoubek is 7-1, 268, and a senior. I think boards will be a major problem, both offensively and defensively. And Duke WILL make a 2nd chance shot.

You forget, Duke hasn't been in the Final Four in a while. They're going into this not with a cocky attitude, but a determined one. Those seniors want a championship, badly. They want it for themselves, for their fans, and probably most importantly to them, Coach K. If you've been following them (Which I know you have. Just like when I watch Glenn Beck) they always mention him. No matter who is being interviewed, they want it for Coach K.

No, I actually haven't followed them at all. Duke comes on, I turn it off or leave. I know who some of their major players are, but that's about it. And while I agree you may be right about the determination after a 6 year absence from the Final Four, I still think they're a cocky bunch who think they should win it simply because they're the Duke Blue Devils. And I still think Butler wants it more. And I don't think ANYONE can make Butler play at any speed than the one they chose. No one has done it yet. I just don't see Duke being the one to set the pace of the game. *shrug* I do KNOW that its going to be one helluva game, though. Whoever wins it, is going to have to fight for it.

Back