Map with some key bases shown

I bet this sort of information is researched and d/l by the bad guys huh ;) catching digital trails?

One of the things you'll notice about North Korean bases is that they are practicing agriculture inside the bases. Food shortage is their number one problem.

I don't understand. So much land, so much water, and so many people.....what is so hard to grow crops to feed them? They have the land, they have the water, the people can do it! I just don't understand. What is the benefit of starving the people?

That's what most people would think but what you have to realize is that Korea doesn't have a whole lot of arable land and as you move away from the western side of the Korean peninsula, arable land becomes even rarer.
North Korea had poor agricultural practices that led to runaway erosion on their farmland so now most of their farmland is simply unproductive. An example would be how they just cleared entire sides of mountains and started farming on them. All the productive soil just got washed away during heavy rains.
If I recall correctly their starvation issues really became serious in the 90's as a result of heavy monsoon rains.

Back