As many here know my views on firearm ownership

You can't really compare them with the rest of the US population....

I am just wondering- if his daughter goes out on a date- do these guys tag along- not that I am complaining... I bet it is every daddy's dream idea of having armed guards for their daughter going out on dates... :p

You can't really compare them with the rest of the US population....

I don't see why not. I wonder if any of the parents of the other children are bitching that there are armed guards.

Crazies are as we all know are crazy, hence the name, but they ain't stupid. Like most cowards they go after an easy target or a target that cannot fight back. I'd bet a ten pound note to a pound of doggy poo that no nut job is going to attack the school where Obama's kids are.

I don't see why not. I wonder if any of the parents of the other children are bitching that there are armed guards.

Crazies are as we all know are crazy, hence the name, but they ain't stupid. Like most cowards they go after an easy target or a target that cannot fight back. I'd bet a ten pound note to a pound of doggy poo that no nut job is going to attack the school where Obama's kids are.

Presidents and their families have always been real targets, and always will be.

Presidents are never popular people so I'd class them and their family as prime targets.

The only people I've read about having an issue with Obama's children receiving armed protection at school are those crazies from the NRA.

The only people I've read about having an issue with Obama's children receiving armed protection at school are those crazies from the NRA.
It goes into the same category as other political types, Mayor on NYC fore instance, who have armed security telling the "little people" they should be defenceless. Some years ago the NYC mayor, while denying Cabbies guns, said they had to pick up even the most dangerious looking punks that wanted a ride. Seems to fit in the Elitist hypocrite section, I'm important & your life isn't.

It goes into the same category as other political types, Mayor on NYC fore instance, who have armed security telling the "little people" they should be defenceless. Some years ago the NYC mayor, while denying Cabbies guns, said they had to pick up even the most dangerious looking punks that wanted a ride. Seems to fit in the Elitist hypocrite section, I'm important & your life isn't.

A case of, "Don't do as I do, do as I say."

So you two are honestly trying to sell the idea that there are no genuine targets that justify armed security or is this just another scatter gun approach to diverting the gun debate.

So you two are honestly trying to sell the idea that there are no genuine targets that justify armed security or is this just another scatter gun approach to diverting the gun debate.
Of course they are targets, but who are they to say I'm not & I'll just have to take my chances. Back when Permits in Fla. was issued at the discression of each County Sheriff, generally the only ones that could get them for sure were the rich or important in the community. You could get one to defend large amounts of money that you may have to carry on the job, but if it was mearly a creditable threat to kill you, you didn't get one. Money was more important that the common person's life.

Of course they are targets, but who are they to say I'm not & I'll just have to take my chances. Back when Permits in Fla. was issued at the discression of each County Sheriff, generally the only ones that could get them for sure were the rich or important in the community. You could get one to defend large amounts of money that you may have to carry on the job, but if it was mearly a creditable threat to kill you, you didn't get one. Money was more important that the common person's life.

You aren't a target. Hope that helps. :roll:

I'm not attempting to divert anything. Even after being threatened with your life by whomever in UK and therefore a genuine target, you will never get a licence for a firearm for personal protection, yet PM's and Royalty have armed guards.

The team protecting Obama's children don't look like ordinary security officers, they look like a full on 11 man SWAT team and Obama is calling for gun control?.

The team protecting Obama's children don't look like ordinary security officers, they look like a full on 11 man SWAT team and Obama is calling for gun control?.

Probably because they are real targets unlike you, me or anyone else here.

If Obama and his family were to get rid of their armed protection, I 100% believe that within 6 months (probably much less), there would be a very serious incident.

I am not a “gun nut, currently I own a revolver and a shotgun, and I do not agree with everything the NRA supports. But as I understand their position those "crazies ( how does supporting the 2d Amendment any more crazy then supporting the First?) have proposed armed guards at all schools, not just the private schools the children of the privileged attend. I do not see this as an extreme position or how that makes them crazy. The NRA has put forth a sensible proposition, it my not be feasible but it makes more sense than disarming the country. At least it is something that could be done quickly.

I am not a “gun nut, currently I own a revolver and a shotgun, and I do not agree with everything the NRA supports. But as I understand their position those "crazies ( how does supporting the 2d Amendment any more crazy then supporting the First?) have proposed armed guards at all schools, not just the private schools the children of the privileged attend. I do not see this as an extreme position or how that makes them crazy. The NRA has put forth a sensible proposition, it my not be feasible but it makes more sense than disarming the country. At least it is something that could be done quickly.

So rather than admitting there's a gun epidemic, the NRA's solution is fight guns with more guns? No, they aren't crazies are they...

What would be so wrong with disarming the country?

What would be so wrong with disarming the country?
Then we're back to the Law of the jungle, the young, strong criminals could prey on obviously weaker prey with no fear of much harm coming to them. God didn't make Man equal, Col. Colt did. Not to mention the cornerstone of our Country is the Constitution guaranteeing Rights, including gun ownership. The FF intended for The People to be armed to provide a check on Govt opression, most here who aren't worshipers of Govt have a distrust of Govt & don't want to rely on it for things such as our personal defence. If they pass a law banning guns, the criminals will still have them. The body count in Chicago is a prime example.

Then we're back to the Law of the jungle, the young, strong criminals could prey on obviously weaker prey with no fear of much harm coming to them. God didn't make Man equal, Col. Colt did. Not to mention the cornerstone of our Country is the Constitution guaranteeing Rights, including gun ownership. The FF intended for The People to be armed to provide a check on Govt opression, most here who aren't worshipers of Govt have a distrust of Govt & don't want to rely on it for things such as our personal defence. If they pass a law banning guns, the criminals will still have them. The body count in Chicago is a prime example.

And that pretty much sums up the problem with your country and it's residents. Sad. Very sad.

You and I are never going to agree on this subject CF, so I am bailing on this topic. But I leave you with this thought, "If guns are banned only criminals will have them."

You and I are never going to agree on this subject CF, so I am bailing on this topic. But I leave you with this thought, "If guns are banned only criminals will have them."

I'm also going to bail on this topic. As you say, we'll never agree on this subject and everyone is just going around in circles.

As for your final thought, isn't that the situation in the UK where we have "only" had 3 massacres? ;)

I'm also going to bail on this topic. As you say, we'll never agree on this subject and everyone is just going around in circles.

As for your final thought, isn't that the situation in the UK where we have "only" had 3 massacres? ;)

And how many illegal guns are in the hands of criminals?

And how many illegal guns are in the hands of criminals?

How long is a piece of string? ;)

"There are a significant number of firearms already in circulation within the UK, although the actual amount is impossible to quantify (a Home Affairs Select Committee in 1996 suggested that the figure could be anything between 200,000 and 4 million.)"

Back