Mandatory JROTC in highschool?

If they could though... the Chinese have a boot camp for disobedient adolescents that puts them back in line. We should follow their model. These kids will become model citizens in no time.
Sure there's gonna be a little human rights abuse but what's a little abuse when this stuff is going to save your country from extinction?

If they could though... the Chinese have a boot camp for disobedient adolescents that puts them back in line. We should follow their model. These kids will become model citizens in no time.
Sure there's gonna be a little human rights abuse but what's a little abuse when this stuff is going to save your country from extinction?

We have court-ordered boot camps, but they've fast fallen out of favor due to to injuries and deaths. Despite your opinion on human rights, many parents (some with expensive lawyers) tend to frown on their children getting beaten and (in rare cases) killed. That's not rehabilitation; it just creates more criminals.

I have, however, heard of military service as an alternative to jail, as part of a plea bargain or some other deal. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, to be honest...:???:

Don't want any bad eggs in my outfit.

It honestly depends. They're not sending hardened felons, of course, just drug offenses and other misdemeanors, from what I've heard. In most cases it seems like a good way to give people the discipline that they need to turn their lives around.

And there's no such thing as a bad egg; just bad cooking ;)

the only kids "forced" into rotc in my school were because of schedule mishaps or no room in their chosen elective, although 90% end up staying.

Back