Mandated Insurance Coverage Originally GOP Idea

Lots of things in the Bush big govt admin was things I didn't like. As far as an alternative to HilleryCare, it may have been viewed as a lesser evil, but still the wrong thing to do. Orin Hatch was recently quoted as saying when the Bush Admin pushed through the prescription entitlement they didn't worry about paying for it & that's just wrong. All the big govt types need to go.

George HW Bush. Not Junior. Senior. You know, the one who was "forced" into signing the bills with the Democratic majority.

Last edited:
Well, it wasn't Hillary Clinton, that's for sure.

"Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton, who failed in the 1990s to require employers to offer coverage, embraced the individual requirement, an idea advocated by her Republican opponents in the earlier health care debate."

That's more bipartisan agreement than I've seen from the Republicans so far.

Well, it wasn't Hillary Clinton, that's for sure.

"Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton, who failed in the 1990s to require employers to offer coverage, embraced the individual requirement, an idea advocated by her Republican opponents in the earlier health care debate."

That's more bipartisan agreement than I've seen from the Republicans so far.

That is for sure, as she held no elected office and did not vote to support health care by either party.:p

Un-freaking-believable .............

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_overhaul_requiring_insurance

Hilarious... Even if it's a GOP idea, if the Democrats support it, Republicans have to be against it. Un-freaking-believable.
Un-freaking-believable???????
Not only was a majority of the Republican legislators against the bill, NOT ONE SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR THE BILL even though quite a few portions of the bill WERE REPUBLICAN contributions (changes that were sponsored by Republican legislators)

THAT'S what I call UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE.

Not only was a majority of the Republican legislators against the bill, NOT ONE SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR THE BILL even though quite a few portions of the bill WERE REPUBLICAN contributions (changes that were sponsored by Republican legislators)

It's all unbelievable, Chief. All we've heard for the past year was the bleat for bipartisanship from the Republican side of the aisle, and yet, even when it comes to things BOTH SIDES have supported, if a Democrat comes up with an idea, it's bad no matter what it is.

It's all unbelievable, Chief. All we've heard for the past year was the bleat for bipartisanship from the Republican side of the aisle, and yet, even when it comes to things BOTH SIDES have supported, if a Democrat comes up with an idea, it's bad no matter what it is.

You don't really have to think of it as the Democrats bad idea.;) As you said in your first post. It wasn't the democrats idea, they stole it from the Republicans.
"Mandated Insurance Coverage Originally GOP Idea"quote Rob Henderson

Credit should be given to George HW Bush as Rob pointed out.:)

-removed-

Go Navy:pirate:

There was a bipartisan vote, just in opposition to the Bill!

Its what I call a political party that has decided to put its own interests ahead of whats best for the country and they dare to accuse liberals of being unpatriotic.

Which I guarantee will not secure them my vote.

I have a new scientific law to propose: Any law or reform brought up in congress has a 100% of starting up a ****storm from the minority party, even if it was their own idea. I'll call it Czin's law because I'm lazy like that.

Its what I call a political party that has decided to put its own interests ahead of whats best for the country and they dare to accuse liberals of being unpatriotic.
From our view it's not in the best intrest of the Country to increase Govt dependancy & power, & that is the Dems real objective. Like Touqeville(sp?) said democracy works untill the people find out they can vote themselves benefits(in this case by voting Dem) Then the Dems will just tell people that if they vote Rep. the Reps will cut off all the handouts the Dependant Class, created by Dems, have come to depend on.

From our view it's not in the best intrest of the Country to increase Govt dependancy & power, & that is the Dems real objective. Like Touqeville(sp?) said democracy works untill the people find out they can vote themselves benefits(in this case by voting Dem) Then the Dems will just tell people that if they vote Rep. the Reps will cut off all the handouts the Dependant Class, created by Dems, have come to depend on.
Funny, Europe gives out much more government checks which are often significantly larger, and this has by no means happened.

Wasn't there riots in Greece last week @ the thought of belt tightening?

Be accurate George, you dont mind increasing government power when the GOP is in power. I didnt see Bush, Cheney exactly holding back the Fed when they were running things. Those two expanded the role of the Fed to a level never before seen. Its only when the opposition is in power that's its a problem.

The Greek situation is not at all related, as it has nothing to do with Healthcare. Its about government reducing salaries (employees get 14 months pay) and retirement pensions.

The one who makes me laugh is Mitt Romney, Obamacare is basically a carbon copy of what Mitt introduced in MA when he was governor.
Now all of the sudden he's against it and promises to repeal it -his own plan. Another self-serving politician who will say anything to get elected...

BTW. Now that the bill has passed it will not be repealed, that's simply not going to happen.

Last edited:
Be accurate George, you dont mind increasing government power when the GOP is in power. I didnt see Bush, Cheney exactly holding back the Fed when they were running things. Those two expanded the role of the Fed to a level never before seen. Its only when the opposition is in power that's its a problem.

The Greek situation is not at all related, as it has nothing to do with Healthcare. Its about government reducing salaries (employees get 14 months pay) and retirement pensions.

The one who makes me laugh is Mitt Romney, Obamacare is basically a carbon copy of what Mitt introduced in MA when he was governor.
Now all of the sudden he's against it and promises to repeal it -his own plan. Another self-serving politician who will say anything to get elected...

BTW. Now that the bill has passed it will not be repealed, that's simply not going to happen.
You won't see support from me for most of the Big Govt Republicans typified by the Bush Admin. Romney was either pretending to be a Mod-Lib when Gov, or he's pretending to be a Cons. now, either way I don't trust him.

Back