Manchester United v. Barcelona tonight.

Del Boy

Manchester United v. Barcelona soccer tonight at 7pm. The final of the big one , The European Champions League Cup. It will be watched by the biggest sporting event ever and if it lives up to expectations the winner will claim title to the best club team in the world. As a matter of fact Barcelona are already recognised as perhaps the best team ever, a view widely held in England.

Let's go boys - show us the beautiful game at Wembley tonight.:)

EDIT.

Game over. Manchester United 1. Barcelona 3. Very good game to watch, some great goals. Barcelona dominated afte 1 - 1. Man U. scored a great goal from Rooney but generally were passed off the pitch. Messi was brilliant for Barca - he is currently rated the world's best player. Man U. were not at their best, but Barca were probably too good on the night anyway.

Summing up - Yes, Barcelona showed us the beautiful game, not often seen.

Last edited:
Barça simply plays the soccer we all wished we could see always.

Mou has lost everything, and the respect, Fergusson is a true gentleman in defeat.

I have never seen a CL final with such great soccer, and even the fact that the one goal of ManU was illegal could not hamper an overall fair game with a good ref that showed the world how soccer has to be celebrated.

Barca, on the roots of Cruyffs Ajax, his imprint on the clubs philosphy, brought to an almost unrepeatable climax by Pep Guardiola and plus the fact that guys who start living together at 8 years of age later *can* form a soccer *team* even if no great sums are invested made this possible.

I expected more from ManU, but as Linneker said: Barça did not let them.

Thanks to all Culés, to Xavi and the MVP (the acronym for the striker triangle Messi-Villa-Pedro here in Spain), even to Mourinho whos "Why??? I dont understand!" and his insinuations about the players being drugged, the League and the titles being bougth, Barca players being a"all divers" etc. after Madrid lost just hightens this valid victory.

Shame on you, Mr. Paranoid, and THANKS for those matches and the way you win Barça! Thanks for 10 titles out of 13 possible worldwide in the last three years, thanks for making history, and thanks for explaining soccer as the King of Sports!

Blau-grana al vent y VISCA BARÇA! (Blue-claret to the wind and FOREVER BARÇA!)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8Y9zHLBiI"]YouTube - ‪FC Barcelona hymn with lyrics and translation!‬‏[/ame]

850.000 people celebrated it in Barcelona on the streets, now that probably is another record!?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukxxkbcapSA"]YouTube - ‪LA FIESTA DE LOS CAMPEONES 2011 RESUMEN DE LA CUATRO‬‏[/ame]

Piqué: "We dont do drugs, we dont simulate and dive, we dont buy referees, WE JUST PLAY SOCCER!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJj1X0DotH8"]YouTube - ‪Gerard Piqué: Ni nos drogamos, ni nos tiramos, ni compramos a los árbitros‬‏[/ame]

Rattler

Last edited:
Aha - I knew if I spread my net I could haul you in.:lol:

Yes the beautiful game is here. Certainly there are tough teams who could frustrate and defeat Barca on the day, but there is not a team in sight to do it playing glorious soccer.

Amazingly, the team goals behind stopped playing, and the team ahead who might have been expected to shut up shop just kept on playing great football. Especially impressive when the team accepting defeat so early were Man U., never seen to be stopped in their tracks with jaws dropping before.

Even the technically off-side goal from Rooney was glorious, and if Barca had scored it, and had it ruled out, I would have been very disappointed, because it should live on, as part of a great occasion.
:bravo:

The current Barcelona side is the best team I have ever seen, EVER. So it really did not come as a surprise.
With Valdano gone, Real Madrid may be a bigger threat next season than this, but it's going to really take something special to top Barcelona.

I'm not a huge fan of English soccer, yet I was rooting for Manchester United, simply because it had our country's leading soccer player, Park-Ji-Sung

I'm not a huge fan of English soccer, yet I was rooting for Manchester United, simply because it had our country's leading soccer player, Park-Ji-Sung

How can any soccer fan not be a fan of English soccer. The Premiership is the best league in the world, as the European Champions League results continually demonstrate. And there still has never been a player who comes close to George Best - nowhere near close. This is the place to be, and that is why the best players flock to play here.

Park is a significent member of Man U. squad - but Man U. were not firing on all cylinders against Barca, should have been a different story, but on the night Barca were the much better side. Remember that Arsenal recently beat Barca. There is a remarkable variety of styes of soccer in the premiership.:D

How can any soccer fan not be a fan of English soccer. The Premiership is the best league in the world, as the European Champions League results continually demonstrate. And there still has never been a player who comes close to George Best - nowhere near close. This is the place to be, and that is why the best players flock to play here.

Park is a significent member of Man U. squad - but Man U. were not firing on all cylinders against Barca, should have been a different story, but on the night Barca were the much better side. Remember that Arsenal recently beat Barca. There is a remarkable variety of styes of soccer in the premiership.:D

I'm not much of a soccer fan, more of a baseball fan, especially our country's baseball league.
Yes, I know that the Premiership is the best league in the world

I agree with the last two posts, and much as I love 'the beautiful game', i never forget that it is fun and I do not take it too seriously; but it thrives on a little banter, as you know, so it is always good to hear from both of you, and as it happens I very much like the style of play of your players, fast, hard, face-first honest 90 minute game that really suits Engish football.

You both always speak like knowledgable sportsmen. Respect.:cheers:

I agree with the last two posts, and much as I love 'the beautiful game', i never forget that it is fun and I do not take it too seriously; but it thrives on a little banter, as you know, so it is always good to hear from both of you, and as it happens I very much like the style of play of your players, fast, hard, face-first honest 90 minute game that really suits Engish football.

You both always speak like knowledgable sportsmen. Respect.:cheers:

Aye, sports are sports. They're for fun, although a little banter or joking like you said are nice. :thumb:

Back