Man Impersonates Brother to Avoid DWI

--
Boots

April 6th, 2007  
Team Infidel

Topic: Man Impersonates Brother to Avoid DWI

DE QUEEN, Ark. (AP) - A ruse worked for a De Queen man who used his brother's name after being picked up for another drunken-driving charge until he called his brother and asked him to bail him out of jail.
Police said an officer arrested Sebastian Nabor, 28, early Sunday after the car Nabor was driving hit a curb. When Officer Ernesto Echevarria smelled alcohol and found an open container of beer in the car, Nabor gave his name as Antonio Moreno Nabor.
The suspect failed a field sobriety test and a breath test showed a blood-alcohol level of 0.11 percent, above Arkansas' legal limit for drivers of 0.08 percent.
Nabor was charged with driving while intoxicated and called his brother to bail him out. As the paperwork was being processed, officers realized the arrested man had given the wrong name.
Sebastian Nabor was also charged with criminal impersonation. "Everybody tries it. People give us false names in case warrants of arrest have been issued or they owe other fines," De Queen Police Chief Richard McKinley said.

April 6th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

LOL if I had been his brother they probably would have arrested me for battery.
April 7th, 2007  
bulldogg

^^^ Yep... me too.
--
Boots
April 8th, 2007  
AJChenMPH

Why bother? Just don't bail him out.
April 9th, 2007  
Sevens

^^ Yeah. No sense in both of you being in jail. LOL