Man Exchanges Missile Launcher for Shoes

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Man Exchanges Missile Launcher for Shoes
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Police were hoping for a good turnout at their "Kicks for Guns" sneaker exchange, but they weren't expecting a surface-to-air missile launcher. An Ocoee man showed up and exchanged the 4-foot-long launcher for size-3 Reebok sneakers for his daughter, the Orlando Sentinel...

There is one problem with those gun turn in projects.....

Criminals have a perfect way to get rid of a murder weapon without any fear of being arrested. They don't take you name, finger prints, photo, nothing..... Infact the scumbag gets something in return.

Never been a supporter of these programs. And it's not because I'm a gun owner and 2nd Amendment Supporter. It's because I have common sense and I have realized that these programs don't work. Most people that turn in guns are little old ladies that have their dead husband's pistol. They don't want it and they don't know what to do with it. So they give it to the police.

Yeah... sucks.
No regular guy would just happen to have a SAM launcher.
Probably has something to do with drugs and perhaps shooting down a rival's transport plane.

It could also have been a surplus demilled RPG or law..... half the time the news has no clue what they're talking about. No photo was shown so we don't know what it was.

Spent LAW and AT-4 tubes are sold all the time at Army Navy stores.

Yeah, newsies.
Personally I did have a hard time believing it was a SAM. I mean, if it gets to the point where one of those show up, you've got a guy linked with a serious supplier.

Man, I woulda had some fun blowing up my targets in the woods if I found that launcher! But then they'd probably break their own policy and ask some questions if they saw that it had already been used.

Seriously, finding a MANPADS that NO ONE knows about is golden, and should not be wasted! You MUST blow something up before you turn it in. Or if you're a WWIII/Z survivalist you could just keep it in the basement just in case. :angel:

Back