Mali Islamists counter-attack, threaten France

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
BAMAKO/PARIS (Reuters) - Al Qaeda-linked Islamist rebels in Mali launched a counter-offensive on Monday after three days of strikes by French fighter jets on their strongholds in the desert north, vowing to drag France into a long and brutal ground war. France intensified its air raids on Sunday using state-of-the-art Rafale planes and Gazelle attack helicopters to pummel training camps at the heart of the vast area seized by rebels in April, while pouring hundreds of its ground troops into the capital Bamako. ...

More...

Seems unlikely at this stage other than the logistical support we're providing.

However, I believe we're sending "military instructors" to train the malian army. We know what that's code for. ;)

Seems unlikely at this stage other than the logistical support we're providing.

However, I believe we're sending "military instructors" to train the malian army. We know what that's code for. ;)

Problem is that the Americans have been training the Malians for the last 5 years and then they started a coup and swapped sides.

Problem is that the Americans have been training the Malians for the last 5 years and then they started a coup and swapped sides.

Not too long ago I saw a Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Major in our town complete with a red and white parrot sticking out of his cap badge. I have no idea why he is here in SA.

Back