The Male & the PAP Smear

hibs113

While I was stationed at Ft Hood, TX we got a new soldier fresh from basic & AIT. While we were sitting around the office we asked him how his in processing was going. He informed us he had done just about everything but there were still a few that needed to be done.
One of our guys asked,"Have you gone in for your PAP Smear yet?"
"No. What's that?" came the reply.
"Ask Hip. She just had one. She can tell you all about it."
I take the ball & run with it.
"Well, you first have to fill out the sick call clip in the orderly room then go to the TMC [Troop Medical Clinic]. When you get there they take a glass slide & spray it w/ an adhesive of some sort, then they take another slide and scrape it along your arm & the dead skin cells fall onto the other slide. Then they spray it w/ some sort of a color to make sure they have enough skin cells then they look at them under a microscope to make sure everything is ok & nothing's out of whack. That you don't have any abnormal cells or anything like that."
"Yea man. You gotta go up & have one done. We've all had it. Espically since some of our equipment just got back from Kuwait & it was comtaminated w/ radiation from components leaking."
"Yea, you should go do it now while we don't have anything else going on."
"Ok."
So the kid goes to the orderly room & gets a sick call slip. Under the block for "Reason" He puts 'PAP Smear.' The First Sergeant was in the Orderly Room while the unnamed was filling out the slip. The Admin clerk told me of the following conversation:
"What are you doing?" asked the First Sergeant.
"Filling out a sick call slip so I can go get my PAP Smear Top."
"Oh! You're the new kid in Armament aren't you?"
"Yes First Sergeant. How'd you know that?"
"I know all my soldiers," and grinned from ear to ear like the Cheshire Cat while he signed the slip authorizing the kid to go to the TMC for his PAP Smear.
The kid walked across the street to the TMC. As he was walking into the building our Section Sergeant was walking out.
"What are you doing?"
"Getting my PAP Smear Staff Sergeant."
"You're what!?"
"I'm here to get my PAP Smear as part of my inprocessing."
"C'mere son. We need to talk."
And with that, our Section Sergeant ruined a perfectly good joke on a 22 year old male from Detriot, MI by explaining to him what a PAP Smear was!!!
You've got to admit, it's a little better than the standard Chem light batteries, box of grid-squares, blackout turn signal/ ground guide kit!!
He wasn't too thrilled when he got back. Couldn't get him to go fetch anything after that for awhile come to think of it.... but man was that one funny!!!!

Back