Male based Roe-v-Wade ...

PJ24 said:
You make a very good point there. I saw a made for TV movie years ago (don't ask, female placation) about this. Apparently, they figure that just as many men are abused as women, only men don't report it.

How many have you guys had a woman slap you because of something you said or did? That's assault and it is w r o n g, but you probably didn't think about that when it happened, and all of you (I hope) never thought to hit her back. Had you thought about it and called the cops, you can bet they'd have looked at you funny.

Too many double standards for women out there.

My first wife, black-hispanic from Panama was quite the abusive entity. Countless times she would attempt to start a physical fight over any and all disagreements. I can tell you the day she pulled a knife and I called the Fort Harrison MP's (we were living on base as we were both enlisted at the time) they showed up and IMMEDIATELY moved to arrest me. They heard "domestic" and knee-jerk response was it was the man in the wrong. I almost took a beating as I berated them for being "morons incapable of thought" until the shift supervisor showed up and sorted it out. In the end for a complaint that would result in my arrest she, owing to the XX chromosomes got a WARNING and nothing more.

We divorced after she tried to shoot me and she is now an officer on active duty. :roll:

Double standards, yeah.

C/2Lt Henderson said:
As to some type of contract being formed, the great Hollywood producers and writers have a saying: "Always get it in writing."

The courts disagree somewhat by stating that the one parent has no right to sign away the child's right to the other parent's financial parental support. Kind of screwy to me since a child can not enter into contract or anything legally binding until the age of 18 without consent of parents. . . Hmmm

bulldogg said:
My first wife, black-hispanic from Panama was quite the abusive entity. Countless times she would attempt to start a physical fight over any and all disagreements. I can tell you the day she pulled a knife and I called the Fort Harrison MP's (we were living on base as we were both enlisted at the time) they showed up and IMMEDIATELY moved to arrest me. They heard "domestic" and knee-jerk response was it was the man in the wrong. I almost took a beating as I berated them for being "morons incapable of thought" until the shift supervisor showed up and sorted it out. In the end for a complaint that would result in my arrest she, owing to the XX chromosomes got a WARNING and nothing more.

We divorced after she tried to shoot me and she is now an officer on active duty. :roll:

Double standards, yeah.

I had a buddy go through the same thing, wife went balistic and tried to kill him with a kitchen knife, only there was a child involved. Cops actually DID arrest him and he had to spend five hours at the station before it was worked out. She had punched him in the face several times (and it showed) as well as hit the child, yet she had no marks.

He ended up divorcing her, and despite the history of abuse to him and his kid, she still got full custody. The judge's remarks were something like "I find it hard to believe, you, being an A-type military male, would take abuse without recourse from a female, so I'm sure there is more to the story than you are revealing." Two stereotypes in one shot. Way to go justice!

Luckily, she went public with her craziness a few years later and he's got the kid now.

We divorced after she tried to shoot me and she is now an officer on active duty.

Doesn't that just figure. :???:

PJ24 said:
I had a buddy go through the same thing, wife went balistic and tried to kill him with a kitchen knife, only there was a child involved. Cops actually DID arrest him and he had to spend five hours at the station before it was worked out. She had punched him in the face several times (and it showed) as well as hit the child, yet she had no marks.

He ended up divorcing her, and despite the history of abuse to him and his kid, she still got full custody. The judge's remarks were something like "I find it hard to believe, you, being an A-type military male, would take abuse without recourse from a female, so I'm sure there is more to the story than you are revealing." Two stereotypes in one shot. Way to go justice!

Luckily, she went public with her craziness a few years later and he's got the kid now.

Doesn't that just figure. :???:

It was about 2 years after the wife and I met and we were at a redneck bar in LA (I am a redneck so I feel qualified to make this statement). Some woman was being extremely obnoxious and wanting to pick fights. She was walking around punching the guys in the shoulder and they ignored her as much as possible but allowed her to hit them. She walked up to me and tried to hit me in the shoulder but I moved. I don't like being hit by anyone that I do not know without just provocation and she had no reason whatsoever. She took offense to that and swung at my face. I again moved as she was obviously drunk. The wife and I gatherd our things and went to leave. We got about 6 steps from the door and I was hit with a fist in the back of my neck from behind. I heard a woman's voice say "You sonofa:cen: , you don't walk away from me". As I turned around she took another swing and I reacted rather badly and swung and knocked her down and just about out. The doorman told me to leave as he moved to help the woman, so the wife and I continued our exit. This is a woman I have never met before.

My wife looked at me real strangely then. I could only answer with an apology to her for having to witness that.

I was raised and taught to never hit an woman unless she put herself in a man's shoes. I feel I gave her every opportunity to walk away. I still feel badly even though it happened several years ago. I am not proud of my actions in regards to this, but I wanted to tell the story to illustrate further that women are no less likely than men to commit violence and physical assaults or act irrationally when it comes to "getting their own".

Bravo marinerhodes. Not that I condone violence(especially against women) but when a woman punches you and calls you vulgar names and attempts bodily harm, then I would have been so frustrated as to react exactly the same way. Perhaps a non-lethal jui-jitzu takedown would have been a more appropriate course of action...In case you ever find yourself in another situation such as that.:wink:

Your situation sounds familiar ... I was in a (you guessed it) redneck bar and a woman (bouncer) was circulating through the bar and generally giving all of the guys a rough time ... she was built like a linebacker and resembled a bulldog of an Amazon. When she reached out and slapped me just for the hell of it, I responded with an open hand and hit her so hard she landed on her *ss. When the bartender and the owner tried to have me arrested, the rest of the patrons backed me up and the cops arrested her for drunk and disorderly. As I later found out, she was a Deputy Sheriff working part time as a bouncer ... you can imagine the stink when this hit the Sheriff's desk.

SO - yes, when a woman tries to step into a man's shoes and act like a man sometime a physical confrontation can (and) does happen.

Like you, I am NOT proud of the fact that I slapped her ... my reaction was so immediate that I had slapped her even before I realized that I had.

Chief Bones said:
Like you, I am NOT proud of the fact that I slapped her ... my reaction was so immediate that I had slapped her even before I realized that I had.

I think in most situations like yours and Marine's this is the case. It is more of a knee-jerk natural reaction/reflex than anything else. While I've never actually hit a woman, I have had to restrain a few.

Males are generally taught if someone hits you, you hit them back twice as hard so they can't hit you again. When you get sucker punched (or sucker ***** slapped in Bone's case :mrgreen: ) your first reaction will be to duck (if possible) then swing.

PJ24 said:
I think in most situations like yours and Marine's this is the case. It is more of a knee-jerk natural reaction/reflex than anything else. While I've never actually hit a woman, I have had to restrain a few.

Males are generally taught if someone hits you, you hit them back twice as hard so they can't hit you again. When you get sucker punched (or sucker slapped in Bone's case :mrgreen: )

hehehehe...poor Chief...hahaha(went ahead and took out the ***** in *****- slapped...) But yea its a reflex thing. The first this a guy wants to do is retaliate. that always gonna happen unless you are very skilled in discipline...but yes its a reaction kinda movement. Like you said PJ, I have had to hold down women...Most were not intent on hurting me personally but the fact that they were p***ed off was enough for me to hold em back and talk em down...

Back