Making Friends Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D1a4_td22w_.jpg
laughing-pointing.jpg
009Jm1-19405584.JPG
Laughing%20about%20politics%20with%20Mort%20Sahl%20%26%20Neil%20Tesser.jpg
SGN%20My%20Tho%20-%20laughing%20children2_b.jpg

OK,OK. i give up. What the hell is this thread about. i have tried to follow it regularly, without ever understanding a single post.

Reading between the line don't work - cos' it's all in code.

Is it whinging? Is it important? Is it interesting? Should I care?

Who is doing what to who, and why, and where even?

Could it be translated into English so that I can detect the hard -done -by-ers from the bad sticking -it -uppers?

I can't be sure who is crying and who is laughing.

I'm kinda glad i didn't buy a ticket.

I changed Gator's title because his posts were weak and when confronted on it he blocks anyone smarter who disagrees with him, but then actively engages in attacking the younger members of the forum in the same manner he blocks adults for when they treat him thus. So Gator's ego was bruised and he posted this thread looking for sympathy as a way to sound out if anyone loves him on this forum.

There is much that has happened in exchanges behind the curtain here in the military members only part of the board where he has alienated MANY of those who are current active duty or veterans. To the extent that there is a healthy number who have serious doubts about his claims to service. This second name change back to Ye Olde Windbag was from them by my hand. So again he's crying in public looking for support from anyone.

How any adult could get so worked up over something so stupid is HILARIOUS. I don't see how anyone would have survived more than three months in the Army with an attitude and weak sense of self as Gator displays on this board.

Fox's response was the most on target reply I have seen so far.

I changed Gator's title because his posts were weak and when confronted on it he blocks anyone smarter who disagrees with him, but then actively engages in attacking the younger members of the forum in the same manner he blocks adults for when they treat him thus. So Gator's ego was bruised and he posted this thread looking for sympathy as a way to sound out if anyone loves him on this forum.

Isnt it funny that many people level the same acusations at you about the only difference is that instead of blocking people you go off on a self-righteous campaign of abuse making ludicrous threats that are about as fearsome as a fox terrier trying to hump a rhino, I would also suggest that if there is anyone on these boards that attacks a persons youth it is you.

How any adult could get so worked up over something so stupid is HILARIOUS. I don't see how anyone would have survived more than three months in the Army with an attitude and weak sense of self as Gator displays on this board.

And yet the moderators of the forum do not seem to share your "suspicions" no matter how many times you repeat the story to drum up support although once again some people ask the same things about your service record.

You sure you are not trying to deflect attention from something?

How can I be deflecting something when I am standing in the fire, gas can in hand, matches in the other? Do tell.

Reread my post you missed the point in a couple areas. One, I said he takes on younger members of the board, not that he attacks their youth. And that he does so in a manner he finds offensive when adult members of the board engage him in a similar matter and blocks them. And I'm not the only veteran or active duty member who doubts Gator's claims, there's more than a dozen who have said as much, I'm just on point.

My service record with dates and units has been posted in a section of this board visible only to active duty and veterans. Some have seen my actual paperwork. I can fax you my records if you like, shoot me a number in a pm and I'll be happy to put your suspicions to rest mate. That goes for any of ya who have doubts about yours truly, serious.

As for the threats, can't help it, I'm a knuckle dragger. But um, its never in jest, I am more than willing to settle things non-verbally. Made one of me best mates that way. Thick as thieves these days but first time we met was a bloodied affair.

Last edited:
Well - until now I have been completely oblivious to all of this, but I have to say that, absolutely out of the blue, Gator was the only member on this forum to whom I was forced to take Personal offence, for his disgusting attitude towards my country's fighting forces in Iraq. No brother- in -arms there. Throw insults around like that on such a personal and vicious basis and you deserve all you get. To cut a long story short, with no previous between us, I found him extremely offensive, and, reading between the lines, I have to conclude that this sprung from a partly hidden and misguided acute case of racism.

Well, he came to wrong place with me. I was obliged to publicy tell him what I thought of that, including a little bad language, and, having no knowledge of this name history, reverted to calling him 'windbag', simply because I found it so apt, as i thought it was his own choice.

Well, I remain of that opinion, that whoever named him was accurate,and I still think that his attack upon my country was completely unnecessary and uncalled for and low-down dirty.

I hope this brings matters up-to-date and that my full position is fully understood.

Give me liberty or give me death.

Last edited:
How can I be deflecting something when I am standing in the fire, gas can in hand, matches in the other? Do tell.

Reread my post you missed the point in a couple areas. One, I said he takes on younger members of the board, not that he attacks their youth. And that he does so in a manner he finds offensive when adult members of the board engage him in a similar matter and blocks them. And I'm not the only veteran or active duty member who doubts Gator's claims, there's more than a dozen who have said as much, I'm just on point.

Bulldogg

I have told you this before: Your're a hypocrite. Everything you said about Gator you have done yourself. Want proof? Just a few days ago you made some nasty things to The Other Guy and hes only 16. WNxRogue is only 18 and you've gone a few rounds with him too. And yet nobody here decided to play forum vigilante here because of it. So why don't you practice what you preach for a change...

The reason you are going after Gator is you don't like what he says. Let me assure you that you have said some pretty asinine things too, but you know what Forum rules allow GATOR his say just as much as they allow you yours. If things get out of hand its the Mods job to play cop here, not yours.

Nor do you engage all the Adult members either, how many times have you evaded me? Would you like me to count for you? Just in case you have, from now on I'll make it a point to remind you.

Everything you accuse Gator of you have done yourself and NOBODY here has harassed you for it because we are ADULTS.

And now your using threats? Let me assure you nobody is afraid of Internet keyboard warriors. Most of us have grown up from schoolyard brawls and prefer to settle differences as Gentlemen through ideas. Don't you think at 39 you should to? especially for someone who claims to be educated.

The adult term for knuckle dragging is called BATTERY.

Last edited:
Bulldogg

I have told you this before: Your're a hypocrite. Everything you said about Gator you have done yourself. Want proof? Just a few days ago you made some nasty things to The Other Guy and hes only 16. WNxRogue is only 18 and you've gone a few rounds with him too. And yet nobody here decided to play forum vigilante here because of it. So why don't you practice what you preach for a change...

I don't block people because they prove me wrong. Ask Redneck, Ortouch, Corodoba, USMC03 about that if you doubt it. TOG runs his mouth with glib one liners and says **** like its a fact that he has no knowledge, let alone proof, of.

The reason you are going after Gator is you don't like what he says. Let me assure you that you have said some pretty asinine things too, but you know what Forum rules allow GATOR his say just as much as they allow you yours. If things get out of hand its the Mods job to play cop here, not yours.

Thanks for reading my mind but you're wrong. You dont have access to the conversations that have happened that are why I pick on poor lil defenseless Gator... besides its fun when he whines like a little girl about it.

Nor do you engage all the Adult members either, how many times have you evaded me? Would you like me to count for you? Just in case you have, from now on I'll make it a point to remind you.

I do not engage you at all times because at various times your condescending attitude coupled with piss poor reading comprehension make me want to reach through the ****ing screen and throttle you and a couple of the mods asked me to back off because its "obvious" you "bait" me, their words, not mine. When I am able to control my temper I respond.

Everything you accuse Gator of you have done yourself and NOBODY here has harassed you for it because we are ADULTS.

Bollocks, its because I don't care so it would be a waste of time. By all means change my name, user title, avatar... be my guest, you'll never see or hear my complain nor will any mod sweetheart.

And now your using threats? Let me assure you nobody is afraid of Internet keyboard warriors. Most of us have grown up from schoolyard brawls and prefer to settle differences as Gentlemen through ideas. Don't you think at 39 you should to? especially for someone who claims to be educated.

You don't need to salute the flag to show your patriotism so why in the blue **** do I have to refrain from beating the **** out of someone who clearly desires it? I'm still educated just as you are still American. They aren't threats anyway, they are offers to engage in a face to face conversation.

The adult term for knuckle dragging is called BATTERY.

HA! The term emasculated metrosexual comes to mind.

For absolute clarity my words are in red. Now I am retiring from this thread and for the record, no one has PM'd me yet about receiving my service records but the offer stands, put up or shut up I say. Cheers.

Last edited:
Please excuse the interjection here. I would just like to make the point that when one joins a military forum one expects the debate to be robust. Military life leaves little room for niceties in getting messages across. All part and parcel, and often a little jest in there somewhere to compensate.

A military forum is something more than an Oxford debating society, or even an Imperial War Museum battle resume'.

On the other hand, in-your face-agression, without invitation, and then crying 'foul' when confronted by robustness, is a different matter altogether.

Where is a military forum without robustness and humour and prodding and winding up? That becomes like fighting with your arms tied behind your back.

Where is the party?

Last edited:
Bulldogg

1. You don't block people thats true, you just resort to name calling, country bashing, sneering/scoffing, posting of obscene/sarcastic pictures and general rudeness. At least what Gator does (using the ignore function) is permitted by Forum rules. And therein lies the difference.

2. If it was just Gator I might give you the benefit of the doubt, but what you have done to Gator, you have done to many, many, others and the hilarious part is that you honestly believe to be the victim. Everyone here knows that it is YOU that cause most of the flame-wars here either directly or by proxy. I see what Gator writes so I wont pretend he is innocent either, but I would say that over the years you have ticked-off more people than he has. You are in no position to judge anybody here.

Gator has said things that have offended other people, but I have never detected the will to purposely hurt another person's feelings. By your own admission, you enjoy being cruel. I have watched you purposely probe people to find things that might upset them and that's really the only reason you are not liked here. Its very hard to feel sympathy for someone like you.

3. Nice excuse, but we both know that isn't the case. You just don't like to admit that you are wrong that's all. You have gone to the point of taking a ban because your ego couldn't concede error on a very small basic fact. My "baiting" of you has to do with as to do with stimulating intelligent thought, not of a harassment technique. Dont confuse me with yourself, I take no pleasure in causing grief to others (that includes yourself). BTW, the Mods have told me to avoid your "baiting" as well, so what does that tell you?

As for my writing skills, I might not have superb grammar skills as I have a very slight handicap. On top of it, you don't even allow me the time to properly edit my own posts. However, my reasoning ability is really quite good. You might read and write well, but you haven't said much in 3 years that I would describe as 'intellectually stimulating'. Thats not an insult, you just don't have very much to contribute to the discussion. So I'd say I'm the better one off.

4. You see Bulldogg, this is exactly my point. We are not like you. Just the idea of changing your title in order to 'get you' (or some other type of vandalism) strikes me as being extremely childish and vindictive. Most of us here are younger than you and are above that. And BTW, your trigger-hair temper proves that you DO care.

Thats all I have to say on the matter...

Last edited:
As for the threats, can't help it, I'm a knuckle dragger. But um, its never in jest, I am more than willing to settle things non-verbally. Made one of me best mates that way. Thick as thieves these days but first time we met was a bloodied affair.

Mmm, knuckle dragger's. Too little of those in this day and age. WhooHoo!

*Sits back waiting for the hot guys to fight.*

(P.S. Is that best mate married? 8))

Bummer, no juicy fights.

Last edited:
MM. I have to say that I do not agree with these two statements.

I'm not surprised. But even if you are right, its the mods job to play cop here, not other people whose own record are...checkered. As for the 2nd try and get into a serious disagreement with the above and watch the discussion turn into a personal attack or just silly. I speak from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back