Making Friends Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am however saddened a bit that right wing radicals seem to be given in my opinion more latitude to play fast and lose with the rules, but, seeing how it is not my Website, I view that as just the way things are, and the way things will be, and in the end deal with it.

Hmmm perhaps it is all in the delivery :bang:

I really hope that comment was meant in fun.. because if it was not, then we have a little problem.

Fun or not, that type of language is against the rules. We try to head of flame wars with the inappropriate language rule and more infractions are given for language than any other. This thread is near to being closed.

I really hope that comment was meant in fun.. because if it was not, then we have a little problem.

My apologies, Major, I should have put that in a South Park context, but no matter. I will not joke around with you any further, Sir, and afford you nothing but the respect that your Rank in the United States Army demands, at all times.

And Missileer, understood.

Gator, we try not to bear down too heavy on anyone to keep things interesting. I guarantee you that the Mods and Admin get together on these things and no one gets more of a break than anyone else.

Missileer

I disagree it has become abundantly clear that threats and insults are perfectly acceptable at both a personal and national level, it is seen as acceptable to ridicule France (or European nation), North Korea, China, Cuba, Iran and there leaders and nothing will be done I can guarantee that if I extend that to the USA or George Bush I will have moderators on my arse so fast my modem will crash.

As I recall the forum rules do still state:
4. Flaming, Name Calling, Country Bashing, Spamming, Hate or Racism related posts are not accepted!

perhaps a change to reflect actual practice may be in order, I suggest:
4. Flaming, Name Calling, Country Bashing, Spamming, Hate or Racism related posts are not acceptable toward the USA all others are fair game.

I disagree it has become abundantly clear that threats and insults are perfectly acceptable at both a personal and national level, it is seen as acceptable to ridicule France (or European nation), North Korea, China, Cuba, Iran and there leaders and nothing will be done I can guarantee that if I extend that to the USA or George Bush I will have moderators on my arse so fast my modem will crash.

4. Flaming, Name Calling, Country Bashing, Spamming, Hate or Racism related posts are not accepted!

4. Flaming, Name Calling, Country Bashing, Spamming, Hate or Racism related posts are not acceptable toward the USA all others are fair game.

That's a pretty bold statement.... Especially since the owner of the forum isnt even from the USA...

I would think maybe it is more your attitude and like I said before it is all in the delivery ;)

True, I was called a Coward in open Forum, http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/fleeing-one-bomb-iraqi-shoppers-page2-t32558.html yet I just sucked it up, did not complain, and moved on.

I do not know if I would be granted the same latitude if I were to call another Poster such, but one lives and learns.

As far as the hate, well, I would hate to be from France on this Fourm.

That's a pretty bold statement.... Especially since the owner of the forum isnt even from the USA...

I would think maybe it is more your attitude and like I said before it is all in the delivery ;)

No but the bulk of his moderators are.

As far as delivery goes on an international forum it is secondary to clarity as many of the people on it do not have English as a first language, hell its hard enough getting people to read and comprehend a post before they jump to a conclusion without having to work on delivery as well.

As far as delivery goes on an international forum it is secondary to clarity as many of the people on it do not have English as a first language, hell its hard enough getting people to read and comprehend a post before they jump to a conclusion without having to work on delivery as well.

Everything in life is about delivery!

In some of my design classes we called things like that "soft skills"

It has been my opinion that being here and treatment has much to do with what group one finds oneself in, as is human nature.
I accept that, and accept that, to not have this Site as nothing but a High-5 Fest, those of different views have to be allowed just to make or keep things interesting.

I choose not to change my personal views on matters just to make friends online, and freely accept the consequences for such.

No threats or insults are acceptable at all, but we don't have a chance to read through every single post in here so we have to rely on you reporting things like that if you see it.
I have personally deleted many insulting posts towards France/China etc. by the way, and I know that all of the other mods have done the same....

The "problem" may be that we have more members that are more aware of (and therefore reports) insults towards the US than for the other contries listed above.
(the majority of our members are from the US)

True, I was called a Coward in open Forum, http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...e2-t32558.html yet I just sucked it up, did not complain, and moved on.
That's one example of what I've listed above.
I wasn't aware of that post until you posted it, but it's been taken care of now...

No threats or insults are acceptable at all, but we don't have a chance to read through every single post in here so we have to rely on you reporting things like that if you see it.
I have personally deleted many insulting posts towards France/China etc. by the way, and I know that all of the other mods have done the same....

The "problem" may be that we have more members that are more aware of (and therefore reports) insults towards the US than for the other contries listed above.
(the majority of our members are from the US)

In part this is where the problem lies many of us prefer not to report things until it reaches a point where it cannot be resolved others seem to take offense at anything and everything this is compounded by in many cases a complete lack of desire comprehend a post before making a reply.

In part this is where the problem lies many of us prefer not to report things until it reaches a point where it cannot be resolved others seem to take offense at anything and everything this is compounded by in many cases a complete lack of desire comprehend a post before making a reply.

As I did not wish to involve the Staff regarding my personal problem with another Poster, which in my opinion in part goes back to grouping, and what group one finds oneself in while in a given environment, which as I have pointed out is human nature.

As I did not wish to involve the Staff regarding my personal problem with another Poster, which in my opinion in part goes back to grouping, and what group one finds oneself in while in a given environment, which as I have pointed out is human nature.
Its the staffs job to help fix those problems.

Its the staffs job to help fix those problems.

I'd just believe their time would be best spent on other issues which I view as more important.
Be different if they were paid, as I would view such as their keep busy work or just something to do work.

I am guessing your are unaware on how forums are run and managed.
Your personal problem you might or might not have will effect the rest of the forum. The staff are there to help and ensure fair play is happening.

The Boss being Redleg is busy ensuring that the forum is running smoothy and fun for the members. His staff help in that operation. Minor beefs can draw in many people and effect the mood of the board very quicky.

You will be surprised how these things work, I had a small understanding of it until I closed two forums.

Unknown to me the friends that I had made online on a forum was so close, I had a minor issue, and it increased and I got banned, then the effect was you ban Kiwi stuff your forum. And that forum closed, and 600 members had no forum. The second time it happened again on another forum, and that forum is dying too. Point is what you do on open forum does effect people you would never think of.

Nipping things in the bud is the best way. It does stop ww3.

This forum is one of the fairest I have been apart of.

I have found nothing from anyone on here at this moment in time to be offensive...call me crazy but I was taught "sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you"...

If you argue they can then I say only if you let them....Besides it's all in our heads anyways ;)

2000 Bucks Wasted

Change User Title
October 29th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Never [Remove Log]

I spent 2000 MilBucks changing my User Title yesterday, and today I see it has changed back to "Windbag"

Gator
Ye Olde Windbag

Change Other's User Title
From bulldogg
October 30th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Never [Remove Log]

...... by the very same person who changed it the last time.

I view the Remark (and action now for a second time from the same Member) as as being Disrespectful to another Member, Derogatory, and Sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back