making a 25 round mag for a g43

henryb

i made a couple of 25 round mags that hooks up real tight in my g43 they seem to feed well by hand .With me working the bolt by hand,so who knows.Stunk up the kitchen last night baking the paint on ,that i got from brownells gun supply. Lots of metal grinding and a little silver soldering.seems to lock up very well ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY LUCK CONVERTING A MG13 MAG TO A G43

Attachments

• mag134.jpg
    mag134.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 4
  • mag13.jpg
    mag13.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4
  • mag132.jpg
    mag132.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3
i made a couple of 25 round mags that hooks up real tight in my g43 they seem to feed well by hand .With me working the bolt by hand,so who knows.Stunk up the kitchen last night baking the paint on ,that i got from brownells gun supply. Lots of metal grinding and a little silver soldering.seems to lock up very well ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY LUCK CONVERTING A MG13 MAG TO A G43

Never thought of making one I just purchased pre modified 20 round Czech ZB 26/30 magazines.

Last edited:
My smg fg42 uses zb26 mags . ive used the follower and the spring from a mg13 and replaced the follower in the zb26 .i cannt have its worn weak mag spring manufactured by anyone,so i stuff the 25 round spring and follower from the mg13 into the zb mag, i can file the floor plate from the mg13 to fit ,by filing a sharp edge .so it will slide into the groove at the bottom of the zb mag,the mg13 is too thick or use the original zb floor plate,seems to work very well.When you are retired it gives you a project.

My smg fg42 uses zb26 mags . ive used the follower and the spring from a mg13 and replaced the follower in the zb26 .i cannt have its worn weak mag spring manufactured by anyone,so i stuff the 25 round spring and follower from the mg13 into the zb mag, i can file the floor plate from the mg13 to fit ,by filing a sharp edge .so it will slide into the groove at the bottom of the zb mag,the mg13 is too thick or use the original zb floor plate,seems to work very well.When you are retired it gives you a project.

I just find that the ZB 26 gives me a much tighter fit than the MG13 which gives me a little more confidence that at some point it won't fall apart.

i tried a zb26 it locks up nicely . but sits too low in mag wel .what was done to it.i guess a new tab had to be welded on rear of mag? any chance you could take a pic of it. i tried removing the lock up stub at the rear of the mag and reformed one using silver solder to form a small mound just like the old one .but i relocated its position just a little lower,this caused the magazine to fit higher in the gun mag well. i tried feeding a dummy round it feeds ever time.will let you know how it feeds at the range next trip there.

Last edited:
Back