It makes me sick.

FULLMETALJACKET

MilForum Bad Apple
Just got home from a heated debate on the 'Iraq Withdrawl' and let me tell you, im in a very aggresive mood. I hate how kid's these days think it's cool to hate America, walking to class Monday I heard, "..You could join the Army.." the response was ":cen: the Army and :cen:America."
I mean what the hell, when did it become so cool to hate America and it's members of the Armed forces.

:box::box::box::box::box::box:

How can you hate someone you have never met? Perhaps dislike their policies and procedures. Perhapss dislike the way they attempt to do this or that. But to hate the individual having never met them is like saying the water is cold having never tested it.

If i hate someone, it's for a reason. now dislike, that list for me can go on and on, it just pisses me off to hear people say these kind of things you know?

Don't get me wrong, I hate Bin Laden more than Bush & company. But I don't like what they've done to the place.

There are more sides to this than "with us" and "terrorists," contrary to popular belief.

Im tired, long day at school and debating always gets me ready to fight, especially when people cut you off mid sentence. (DONT TAZE ME BRO)

ugh. well, it was me, and a member of the JROTC, vs these 2 girls and this bro dude who thinks he's hot :cen: , on wether or not we should withdraw from Iraq, and i had a super strong opening and they got pretty shook by that, and kind of wandered off topic when i kept hammering them with stuff, then one of them started on this anti american BS and what not and i called him out on it and the teacher told me to bequiet and then pretty much just debated and spit at each other, they had no good facts or points except for the economic slump which obviously from their point of view will magicly zoom up the day we pull out. meh.

I live in a mostly Redneck community, very Republican. So I'm the odd one out.

Iraq's a mess, but they need to learn to stand on their own. And don't say they will follow us home. They're not going to follow us home. The Algerians didn't follow the French, the Vietnamese didn't follow the US, the US didn't follow Britain after the Revolution. There's only one reason to save Iraq and that's to provide a bumper between Iran and Western-Collaborating Saudi Arabia, who's friends with us and terrified of Iran. The US is fighting on pride.

I can only think of 2-3 people that attend my school (besides me) who would vote Democrat if they could vote. Of course, online I know probably 100+ people...

oh, i see. well pretty much every person in my school would vote demo except rotc kids and a handful of future Armed Service members.

well most people join the Air force from our school, just becuase the ROTC is AF and He plays it up and shoots down everything else, but we have some Future Army and im the only future Marine i know.

In my high school there were a decent number of young republicans but I got the feeling they were outnumbered by democrats. None of my friends cared about politics, though, so I never got into any situation where I'd get riled up. Personally, whenever I got sucked into a debate about politics I'd point out the worst about each side and pick neither.

Never encountered any hate for the armed forces, even from the most vehemently liberal kids. Everyone understood the necessity of having a powerful army and people to serve it, though most of them would flee to Canada if a draft were instituted.

Back