Make of this what you will (Katrina & Politics)

Locke said:
prepare to be flamed dude, you should know better than to speak against bush on these boards.....

haha. gotta love the right wing attitude. let the flaming commence.

no dont guys. dont flame him for he has not yet seen the light.

I guess this is as good a place as any for some facts on the President and Katrina.

New Orleans has a Democrat Mayor, a Democrat City Council,
and a Democrat Chief of Police. Louisiana has a Democrat Governor,
a Democrat Lt. Governor, a Democrat Attorney General; 24 of 39
Louisiana State Senators are Democrat, 67 of 105 Louisiana State
House Representatives are Democrat, there's a Democrat
Representative in the House from New Orleans, and one of two
Senators in the Senate is a Democrat.

SO YOU CAN SEE WHY IT"S ALL BUSH"S FAULT!

Missileer said:
I guess this is as good a place as any for some facts on the President and Katrina.

New Orleans has a Democrat Mayor, a Democrat City Council,
and a Democrat Chief of Police. Louisiana has a Democrat Governor,
a Democrat Lt. Governor, a Democrat Attorney General; 24 of 39
Louisiana State Senators are Democrat, 67 of 105 Louisiana State
House Representatives are Democrat, there's a Democrat
Representative in the House from New Orleans, and one of two
Senators in the Senate is a Democrat.

SO YOU CAN SEE WHY IT"S ALL BUSH"S FAULT!

you have to be kidding me!!!!

Everyone is to blame and you know it. I am sure there are numerous members of the state congress who are republicans. NO ONE TOOK CHARGE and that is the problem.

It seems your reasoning for a republican official would be like this. "If I see something messed up that involves peoples lives and little is being done about it, I can turn a blind eye because those democrats in charge get the blame." Step up and take charge!!!! That is one of my definitions on leadership.

I am livid about politics and Katrina!!!!!! :x

Doody said:
you have to be kidding me!!!!

I am.

Doody said:
Everyone is to blame and you know it. I am sure there are numerous members of the state congress who are republicans. NO ONE TOOK CHARGE and that is the problem.

Actually, the taxpayers are't but we will bear the burden of the aid money.

Doody said:
It seems your reasoning for a republican official would be like this. "If I see something messed up that involves peoples lives and little is being done about it, I can turn a blind eye because those democrats in charge get the blame." Step up and take charge!!!! That is one of my definitions on leadership.

It was actually a joke. A Democrat friend sent it to me by email. I really don't think Republican State Senators and House members even thought of something that out of the box, if so, it was never printed. The guy was just trying to nudge me in the ribs. Sorry you took it so personal instead of within the context it was quoted.

Doody said:
I am livid about politics and Katrina!!!!!! :x

Me too.

Marinerhodes said:
So is he a Democrat or a Republican? I always get confused... ;)

Sometimes I wonder myself. The line gets pretty blurred sometimes but in the end that may be a good thing. :)

I agree with Doody

The blame lies on both the Govonor Blanco's Office and with the Federal Authorities. I'm espically annoyed with the Feds, you would have thought that after 9/11 which was almost 4 years the ago FEMA and the Feds would have fixed the known problems in emergency reponse. This includes poor communications, inter-agency bickering, slow response times, and general incompetance. So 4 years and a few million dollars later we discover that the problems still have not been fixed.

And I would think that the Mayor of NOLA Would have impressed buses both school and Metro to assist those residents without vehicles to evacuate prior to Katrinas landfall. Have had his Emergency Services and Law Enforcement Agencies maintain diasters plans and necessaties stock piles and contingency plans so they could do thier job. Would not currently be bad mouthing Vice Admiral Allen for opposing people reentering a diaster area that is still unstable in many ways.

I would have thought that Gov' Blanco would have alerted her National Guard units, (Thats right they are hers.) And had the units and emergency provisions staged in case Katrina was worse then she or the Mayor believed it would be.

I think a City the size of New Orleans should have an evacuation plan for any emergency since the infrastructure is almost devoid of escape routes. Take out 55 and 10 and you're hurting for escape. They need to lower Ponchartrain and regulate it by dams and spillways. The river didn't kill NO, the lake did. That was a blindside punch.

Back