Majority of Americans lack faith in Obama: poll

I'm talking out my fourth point here (but let's face it, who doesn't on this forum?) but I'd wager that every President in history has had negative approval ratings at some point during his tenure.

What really irks me in all of this is that 90% of those polled probably have no idea how to make decisions of the magnitude that Obama is dealing with. It takes more than a few months to level an entire country's economy. We won't know how effective Obama was/is until AFTER his presidency has passed.

As far as Republicans in control of Congress, God only knows how little the administration would get done if Republicans had control. They'd reject everything sent to them just because it was sent to them by a Democrat.

I'm talking out my fourth point here (but let's face it, who doesn't on this forum?) but I'd wager that every President in history has had negative approval ratings at some point during his tenure.

What really irks me in all of this is that 90% of those polled probably have no idea how to make decisions of the magnitude that Obama is dealing with. It takes more than a few months to level an entire country's economy. We won't know how effective Obama was/is until AFTER his presidency has passed.

As far as Republicans in control of Congress, God only knows how little the administration would get done if Republicans had control. They'd reject everything sent to them just because it was sent to them by a Democrat.
6 of the 8 years Clinton was Prez he had a Congress controlled by Republicans elected after a trainwreck of the 1st 2 years of his Presidency. Voters elected a bunch of fresh young Republicans & Clinton eventually adopted such items of thiers as the balanced budget as his own. Clinton moved to the Center & is viewed as a sucsessfull President, but... Clinton's Poll numbers did suffer from the sleaze & corruption even with the booming economy & other sucsesses.

This really relfects one thing: Americans expect the president to solve all their problems for them. If he can't do it in the first year, everyone's disappointed.

This really relfects one thing: Americans expect the president to solve all their problems for them. If he can't do it in the first year, everyone's disappointed.
Maybe. IF the drop is a result of lack of obvious recovery in the economy, & nothing else. It might be people are realizing that the post racial miracle worker is just another Lefty politician trying to head the Country where a lot of people doesn't want it to go. The mezmerizing campaign aura of greatness around him is wearing thin. It should be noted that Liberal teachers have been teaching that the Fed. Govt. is the do all, be all. They expect to be taken care of.

I think you are are missing the point. Who has Obama disappointed the most? The Conservative Republicans who were against him from before day 1 and were never going to be behind him no matter what he did?

Or are his polls down because he lost his democratic base?

Contrary to what people might think, Obama has pulled to the RIGHT because he though by doing so he could get bipartisanship. Instead it made him look weak to the right and a traitor to the left who were the ones who got him elected. THATS why his polls are down. Its the liberal base that has lost faith in him, the conservatives never believed in him at all.

This was the Liberal Agenda when Obama took Office:

Withdraw from Iraq
Withdraw from Afghanistan
Repeal the Bush Tax Cuts
Close Gitmo
Begin criminal proceedings against the previous administration
Repeal the Patriot Act, the illegal wiretaps, the policy of rendition
Push for Universal healthcare
Fix the economy
Tighten enviromental laws
Knock Big Business Back
demand greater Fed control of Wall Street
Punish Wall Street for the economic meltdown

How much did he actually accomplish of the above list? Now you know why the liberals are mad at him and why his polls suck.

Last edited:
I think you are are missing the point. Who has Obama disappointed the most? The Conservative Republicans who were against him from before day 1 and were never going to be behind him no matter what he did?

Or are his polls down because he lost his democratic base?

Contrary to what people might think, Obama has pulled to the RIGHT because he though by doing so he could get bipartisanship. Instead it made him look weak to the right and a traitor to the left who were the ones who got him elected. THATS why his polls are down. Its the liberal base that has lost faith in him, the conservatives never believed in him at all.

This was the Liberal Agenda when Obama took Office:

Withdraw from Iraq
Withdraw from Afghanistan
Repeal the Bush Tax Cuts
Close Gitmo
Begin criminal proceedings against the previous administration
Repeal the Patriot Act, the illegal wiretaps, the policy of rendition
Push for Universal healthcare
Fix the economy
Tighten enviromental laws
Knock Big Business Back
demand greater Fed control of Wall Street
Punish Wall Street for the economic meltdown

How much did he actually accomplish of the above list? Now you know why the liberals are mad at him and why his polls suck.
Besides the Libs who are mad that he isn't wrecking the Country faster, there has also been a big drop with Independants also.

Maybe. IF the drop is a result of lack of obvious recovery in the economy, & nothing else. It might be people are realizing that the post racial miracle worker is just another Lefty politician trying to head the Country where a lot of people doesn't want it to go. The mezmerizing campaign aura of greatness around him is wearing thin. It should be noted that Liberal teachers have been teaching that the Fed. Govt. is the do all, be all. They expect to be taken care of.
George, it is blatantly obvious that you fall right into the category I mentioned previously. The category of those who clearly do not realize the massive undertaking that is attempting to pull one of the largest countries in the world out of an economic recession. I will personally guarantee you that neither you, nor John McCain, nor Sarah Palin could do any better in the allotted amount of time. When I vote, I do not vote with the idea that the politician I vote for is going to fix all the problems he promises to fix, cure all the diseases he promises to cure, or ban all the things he promises to ban; I vote for a politician that is going to screw up (in my opinion) the least. When I was presented with Barack Obama or John McCain, the choice was BLINDINGLY obvious as to which one would get my vote. We just got out of the worst presidential term in history (that's fact, not opinion). Now, if John McCain voted in AGREEMENT with the man who just suffered the worst presidential term in history over 90% of the time, WHY ON EARTH would I vote for him? WHY ON EARTH would I vote for 8 more years of the same right wing, ignorant, "bestest in the whole wide world and we don't care what anyone else says" attitude?

I digress. Like mmarsh said, show me where Obama has been the ultimate Lefty politician trying to take the country in a direction it doesn't want to go...

(By the way, please remember that Obama didn't change his campaign promises once he was elected, so clearly SOME of the country wanted to go there. Enough to get him elected POTUS, anyway.)

BTW, it's independent.

Typical, free speech is supported by Libs only if it Liberal speech.
LMFAO. You clearly don't know 13 too well. But I suppose that's typical, too... The whole stereotyping thing, I mean.

Anyone else think George is just Chukpike's 2nd account? heh.

Well regardless of what the polls say, Obama could not do any worse job than his immediate predecessor. At least he has slowed the rate at which the US was losing credibility around the world.

Y'never know,... given time and a little help from the populace he may even regain some.

Well regardless of what the polls say, Obama could not do any worse job than his immediate predecessor. At least he has slowed the rate at which the US was losing credibility around the world.

Y'never know,... given time and a little help from the populace he may even regain some.

AMERICA HATER!!! HISSSSSSSS!!!! HISSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

B-b-b-b-but. . . The United States doesn't need the rest of the world. Only the rest of the world needs the United States. At least, that's what I heard.

(Good Lord, I almost gagged just typing it!)

I digress. Like mmarsh said, show me where Obama has been the ultimate Lefty politician trying to take the country in a direction it doesn't want to go...

(By the way, please remember that Obama didn't change his campaign promises once he was elected, so clearly SOME of the country wanted to go there. Enough to get him elected POTUS, anyway.)

BTW, it's independent.

Rob, Do you think the allegations of voter intimidation by the Black Panthers raised by the former justice department lawyer have merit? Between that and the concern raised over Al Franken's election, I am not surprised that the President is taking the hit. His AG is the one that dismissed the case vs the Black Panthers and ACORN may have had something to do with Frankens election.

BTW, Minnesota is not going to do anything about Franken. His election was certified and I agree that there is no point wasting money having another election.

Philadelphia Voter Intimidation case Dropped by AG Holder
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203550604574361071968458430.html

Al Franken Voter Fraud Investigation
http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_h...ings-show-convicted-felons-voted-in-election/

I saw these guys doing their shouting thing in Philly when I was there as well.
Wouldn't be surprised that they would engage in voter intimidation.

Back