Major Richard Winters CMOH Petition(Band of Brothers) - Page 2

--

February 25th, 2005  
Sexybeast

i am not U.S citizen so i dont have a right to sign it,

but i think Winters is a great man,

pity that he didn't stay in the army, otherwise, he would have been a great general something
February 25th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Actually a lot of good men lose out on the road to generalship.
Maj. Winters came back to train troops headed to the Korean War.
But he did his bit and decided to leave it at that. That's smart of him really. From what I hear, life in the military as a senior officer is very different during peacetime compared to wartime.
From what I've read and watched about him, I don't think he's the type that would have been interested in all the bureaucratic battles that take place as a peacetime officer. Especially from the miniseries Band of Brothers, if it is accurate in this way, Maj. Winters became more and more uncomfortable as his duties got further away from the line. I think that's probably what really convinced him that peacetime military just wasn't going to be his thing (assuming the film is correct).
February 25th, 2005  
Warwick

Topic: Major Winters

He genuinely cared about his mens welfare.
Planned all his tactics to save lives where possible.
What a great officer for his time.
--
February 25th, 2005  
IAmFighter

I signed it. Major Winters definately deserves the Medal of Honor for his actions.
February 25th, 2005  
bushpig1998

Excellent, I placed my signature with a good and proud heart. He was one of the best officers in my opinion!
February 25th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: I SIGNED IT...

Yes, I did.
February 28th, 2005  
Rotty261

I proudly signed my name to that, what a great combat leader and a true hero.
March 1st, 2005  
FO Seaman

I sign my name.
April 22nd, 2005  
GIANTNEVERSAYNO

I am not an American citizen and surely can not cast my vote, but from what I see in the Band of Brothers, I will give my greatest salute to the war hero. He is a master tactician, a great leader, someone who we can look up to, and his character inspires me to collect WWII 1/6 figures. BTW are there any other books that I can make any references on Ez Company...
September 9th, 2005  
tomtom22

Signed today as number 10776