Maine Voters Knock Down Law On Gay Marriage

So,... obviously there are still a few places on earth where political correctness is overruled by common sense.

No what it means is that homosexuality does not have the unbrideled support of the main stream that the media and other elements like to claim it does.

In 31states where same sex marriage has been put to popular vote it has lost. So really what does that tell you about how the voters view this particular issue?

The states that do recognize same sex marriage have done it thru the legislature with no voter opinion.

I think that that speaks volumes.

Every state (31) where the electorate had the opportunity to determine marriage as between a man and a women they confirmed that view. Now there are only 5 states allowing gay marriage, all forced by legislators who are not in-tune with their constituents or judges who turn a deaf ear to the beginning of the Constitution "We the People".

"Both sides in Maine drew volunteers and contributions from out of state, but the money edge went to the campaign in defense of gay marriage, Protect Maine Equality. It raised $4 million, compared with $2.5 million for Stand for Marriage Maine."

Couldn't even buy the election.:)

The people have spoken.
Thank you.
Like I said, if they still don't like it, they can move to another place where it is accepted. They can immigrate to Belgium or Holland where their desire to marry each other is legal. They could probably argue that they are victims of discrimination, maybe even persecution if they get the wordings right and live as Dutch or Belgian citizens.

I really believe it's the back lash of o special interest group attempting to force their values on the rest of the people, and the people have had enough of it.

Course then again since ACORN was defunded maybe there just wasn't enough people to register all the "voters" in the cemetaries. To bring it in for the win.

Back