it made me mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandi

yesterday when President Bush was sworn back into office, he made a very nice speech about national and international unity, like he was really trying to pull the country's morale together, but it got to me to see all the protesters there. i mean, the anti-Bush aka Democrats are always ragging on Bush, and all he's trying to do and accomplish in our country, and while he is making this speech about unity and peace, they are all out there screaming and yelling and rallying against him. I know that no matter who is president, there will always be people who dont like them, but if we are going to unite as a country, we need to stand behind our president, and not protest against him, theres already enough of that crap going on around the world. Did their protests make anyone else mad, or have i just developed a short temper? :x

Democray is a funny thing... The fact that people are allowed to protest during inauguration could make some mad, but it also shows the level of freedom people enjoy in the US. Bush is not going to please everyone, and during war there were always protests. Sometimes you just have to put yourself in someone else's shoes when you are mad. I'm sure those protesters are just as frustrated with the fact that Bush is going to be in the White House for another four years as you are with them protesting there during inauguration. It's hard to have everyone backing Bush when even the vice president admits that the pre-war intelligence was not good... some protesters there probably lost their loved ones in a war that they believe could've been avoided, and they probably blame Bush for putting their loved ones in harm's way more so than the insurgents who acutally did the killings. Everyone believes in different things, understanding each other and making yourself a better person would probably help in unity than anything else.

No it's not just you. I choose to ignore them as much as possible. It's sour grapes on the far left's part. They spent the better part of two years stumping and railing against anything and everything the current administration stood for. They trotted out all the singers, actors, filmmakers etc. to tell the public how bad Dubya was and how great Kerry was and how the general public should listen to their vast amount of wisdom and vote for who all these "great thinkers" told them too.

They got blindsided because they actually believed that the General public in middle America would buy their propagandga. That and the misleading polls that came out on Election Day gave them a sense of victory.

What they didn't count on is Joe and Jill Sixpack in middle America voting with their values. Values that the liberal elite does not have nor associate themselves with

Theres the people that like bush and the people that oppose him. Democracy, expressing your opinion so its all good.

03USMC said:
No it's not just you. I choose to ignore them as much as possible. It's sour grapes on the far left's part. They spent the better part of two years stumping and railing against anything and everything the current administration stood for. They trotted out all the singers, actors, filmmakers etc. to tell the public how bad Dubya was and how great Kerry was and how the general public should listen to their vast amount of wisdom and vote for who all these "great thinkers" told them too.

They got blindsided because they actually believed that the General public in middle America would buy their propagandga. That and the misleading polls that came out on Election Day gave them a sense of victory.

What they didn't count on is Joe and Jill Sixpack in middle America voting with their values. Values that the liberal elite does not have nor associate themselves with

So tell us all about these wonderful values that Bush supporters in middle America have????? :?

I thought Bush's speech was a load of rubbish but then maybe I haven't got those special "values"! :lol:

deal with it. sorry if this is too harsh, but if you cant live with other people who have differing opinions and view to your own, then you wont get very far in life. we live in a global community and being ignorant and not tolerant of other people's views is what causes so many of the problems in the world today. you dont have to agree with them, you just have to respect that they have a right to an opinion and that there is no such thing as right and wrong in many circumstances, its all a matter of opinion

Strongbow said:
03USMC said:

So tell us all about these wonderful values that Bush supporters in middle America have????? :?

I thought Bush's speech was a load of rubbish but then maybe I haven't got those special "values"! :lol:

exactly...well said.

what values, what morals....more importantly WHOSE morals and values.

Who cares about the protesters, there where between 300-500 there. You are always going to have 300-500 malcontents that just need an excuse to hate anything.

Chewie - You live in friggin' New Zeland man. What the heck to you care what morals and values American society decides to have? Is the American presidentcy the new 'English Royal Family' of the world? Do you guys just enjoy reading Bush-demonizing tabloids for your entertainment or something because your own small countries arn't important enough to make an impact on the world even if you could muster up a leader as strong as Bush? Keep arguing man, and all I'm going to do is laugh because you can't do a darned thing about it. Bush is here to say. Texas pride.

Whispering Death said:
Is the American presidentcy the new 'English Royal Family' of the world?

Have a word. There is nothing Royal about bushes family. He is a plain and simple MP. Royal family is a total different thing. Its a birth right

Cool it.

what values, what morals....more importantly WHOSE morals and values.

I'm assuming you fellows want everyone to go along with your own values here, correct? It is sad that this is even a question today, and that morals and a strong sense of values are things to be mocked. Where I come from these virtues generate respect, and rightly so in my opinion, for the life of me I cannot understand why they seem to be so threatening to some of you. Personally I am very proud and grateful that moral values can still be a deciding factor in my country.

Strongbow said:

I personally doubt you listened to the speach - maybe you saw a soundbite on the news.

What time was it on where you are?

What Bush spoke about was ending tyranny in the world as a goal

Maybe this isn't a value of yours

How practical it is is another matter of course, but as a general statement of values I would be surprised to find many people opposed to such a sentiment - or perhaps not - since there are enough people who simply hate President Bush with such a passion it really doesn't matter what he says or does

Tell me though - what do you think of President Kennedy's innuagural speach - you know "pay any price, bear any burdon, support any friend, oppose any foe"

Do you think that was a good speach - does that speak to your values?

actually yes

Tell me though - what do you think of President Kennedy's innuagural speach - you know "pay any price, bear any burdon, support any friend, oppose any foe"

That is speach about helping, thats morals. Morals don't mean just help your self, thats greed. This is stating that there is more. If you look at that and think stupid then maybe there's something wrong with you?

I can only speak for myself and the people I know in middle America. Their values are work, their faith and their ability to raise their family and live their life in realtive peace.Without having that trod upon by a well meaning, do gooder, elite form of goverment that "knows whats best" for the unwashed masses.

Some of the posts here should also give you a clue. We are not going to apologize to the "World Community" for who we elect to lead us, because quite frankly we think of our nation first and foremost. Because it's our Nation and the general concenus around here is Bush has our best interests at heart.

So aren't you glad you don't have to live here.

Re: actually yes

Anya1982 said:

That is speach about helping, thats morals. Morals don't mean just help your self, thats greed. This is stating that there is more. If you look at that and think stupid then maybe there's something wrong with you?

So you disagree with Chewie and Strongbow above - you like this kind of appeal to core values

Re: actually yes

Pogue Mahone said:
Anya1982 said:

So you disagree with Chewie and Strongbow above - you like this kind of appeal to core values

This is what should be done. You help your self by helping others. Like the saying goes " what goes around comes around"

But lets face it who has taken up those vow's in the past few years unless theres been a massive world disaster??

03USMC said:
I can only speak for myself and the people I know in middle America. Their values are work, their faith and their ability to raise their family and live their life in realtive peace.Without having that trod upon by a well meaning, do gooder, elite form of goverment that "knows whats best" for the unwashed masses.

Some of the posts here should also give you a clue. We are not going to apologize to the "World Community" for who we elect to lead us, because quite frankly we think of our nation first and foremost. Because it's our Nation and the general concenus around here is Bush has our best interests at heart.

Couldn't agree more 03.

I really understand why some americans are proud of their country and their choice of leadership. There should be more leaders as George W Bush and maybe I could be proud of something too. It cant be anything else then healthy to have a country and a leader that ultimatly thinks of their nation first and foremost and that heart thing 03USMC, is probably true too. I would be proud all the way into my heart if I had a leader that did something more then just talk and smile and look stupid as fast as something bites them in the ass. Some leaders and partys are experts of letting things just fall apart and toss all guilt around themselfe when it is allready to late. But there are alot of useful idiots in this world so they dont have to worry a bit. They know that they can continue to suck my intestines clean untill I am 6 foot under.

Why should they even try to worry? I think alot more ppl then America should be proud of George W Bush. That man have done something utmost unbelievable that I dont think any other leader in this world could have succed to work out to be honest. And thats why the world community may stand a bit rotten when they get the itchy feeling on their backs that they dont really match that mans ambitions. The world community would do themselfe a favour if they could stand straight and face the cameras and tell the world. This was what we should have done a long time ago but we didn`t. Instead of bashing out all that hollywood complaining BS story. There are men and women with balls and there are REMOVED This world is unfurtunatly govern by a large lump of REMOVED and thats all.

A piece of my mind.

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

Doc.S said:
I really understand why some americans are proud of their country and their choice of leadership. There should be more leaders as George W Bush and maybe I could be proud of something too. It cant be anything else then healthy to have a country and a leader that ultimatly thinks of their nation first and foremost and that heart thing 03USMC, is probably true too. I would be proud all the way into my heart if I had a leader that did something more then just talk and smile and look stupid as fast as something bites them in the ass. Some leaders and partys are experts of letting things just fall apart and toss all guilt around themselfe when it is allready to late. But there are alot of useful idiots in this world so they dont have to worry a bit. They know that they can continue to suck my intestines clean untill I am 6 foot under.

Why should they even try to worry? I think alot more ppl then America should be proud of George W Bush. That man have done something utmost unbelievable that I dont think any other leader in this world could have succed to work out to be honest. And thats why the world community may stand a bit rotten when they get the itchy feeling on their backs that they dont really match that mans ambitions. The world community would do themselfe a favour if they could stand straight and face the cameras and tell the world. This was what we should have done a long time ago but we didn`t. Instead of bashing out all that hollywood complaining BS story. There are men and women with balls and there are REMOVED This world is unfurtunatly govern by a large lump of REMOVED and thats all.

A piece of my mind.

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

hear hear - well said sir

It is because I know that there are people in Europe who feel as you do - i know because I have met them and know them - that I refrain from saying "europeans this or that"

Its some europeans - but still this Bush-hatred is practically an epidemic that has infected the whole culture of europe - so its not just a few europeans

Its most Finns sad to say

But I know there are more and more who get it - who did listen to Bush's speach and understood that here is the only man in the world standing up for some greater purpose - and compared to ankle biters like Chirac and Schroeder - we can see which is a great man

Hitory will be the ultimate judge of GW Bush - for all our sakes I hope it judges him well

03USMC that was exactly what I was trying to say. You know what? Americans are quite tired of you outsiders attacking OUR president. Especially since this is a Texan who is running OUR country like any good Texan would.

Now I was asking why do they do it? I think it is because they are jellous that we Americans actually have a good strong leader and a good strong country. I think it's jellous petty people from weak nations trying to snipe at the strong nation. If they arn't willing to create a strong nation than they are going to try and bring anyone else down to their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back