it made me mad!

--
Boots

January 21st, 2005  
mandi

Topic: it made me mad!

yesterday when President Bush was sworn back into office, he made a very nice speech about national and international unity, like he was really trying to pull the country's morale together, but it got to me to see all the protesters there. i mean, the anti-Bush aka Democrats are always ragging on Bush, and all he's trying to do and accomplish in our country, and while he is making this speech about unity and peace, they are all out there screaming and yelling and rallying against him. I know that no matter who is president, there will always be people who dont like them, but if we are going to unite as a country, we need to stand behind our president, and not protest against him, theres already enough of that crap going on around the world. Did their protests make anyone else mad, or have i just developed a short temper?
January 21st, 2005  
Zyca

Democray is a funny thing... The fact that people are allowed to protest during inauguration could make some mad, but it also shows the level of freedom people enjoy in the US. Bush is not going to please everyone, and during war there were always protests. Sometimes you just have to put yourself in someone else's shoes when you are mad. I'm sure those protesters are just as frustrated with the fact that Bush is going to be in the White House for another four years as you are with them protesting there during inauguration. It's hard to have everyone backing Bush when even the vice president admits that the pre-war intelligence was not good... some protesters there probably lost their loved ones in a war that they believe could've been avoided, and they probably blame Bush for putting their loved ones in harm's way more so than the insurgents who acutally did the killings. Everyone believes in different things, understanding each other and making yourself a better person would probably help in unity than anything else.
January 21st, 2005  
mandi

Thats a very good way to look at things Zyca
--
Boots
January 21st, 2005  
03USMC

No it's not just you. I choose to ignore them as much as possible. It's sour grapes on the far left's part. They spent the better part of two years stumping and railing against anything and everything the current administration stood for. They trotted out all the singers, actors, filmmakers etc. to tell the public how bad Dubya was and how great Kerry was and how the general public should listen to their vast amount of wisdom and vote for who all these "great thinkers" told them too.

They got blindsided because they actually believed that the General public in middle America would buy their propagandga. That and the misleading polls that came out on Election Day gave them a sense of victory.

What they didn't count on is Joe and Jill Sixpack in middle America voting with their values. Values that the liberal elite does not have nor associate themselves with
January 21st, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Theres the people that like bush and the people that oppose him. Democracy, expressing your opinion so its all good.
January 24th, 2005  
Strongbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
No it's not just you. I choose to ignore them as much as possible. It's sour grapes on the far left's part. They spent the better part of two years stumping and railing against anything and everything the current administration stood for. They trotted out all the singers, actors, filmmakers etc. to tell the public how bad Dubya was and how great Kerry was and how the general public should listen to their vast amount of wisdom and vote for who all these "great thinkers" told them too.

They got blindsided because they actually believed that the General public in middle America would buy their propagandga. That and the misleading polls that came out on Election Day gave them a sense of victory.

What they didn't count on is Joe and Jill Sixpack in middle America voting with their values. Values that the liberal elite does not have nor associate themselves with
So tell us all about these wonderful values that Bush supporters in middle America have?????

I thought Bush's speech was a load of rubbish but then maybe I haven't got those special "values"!
January 24th, 2005  
Locke

deal with it. sorry if this is too harsh, but if you cant live with other people who have differing opinions and view to your own, then you wont get very far in life. we live in a global community and being ignorant and not tolerant of other people's views is what causes so many of the problems in the world today. you dont have to agree with them, you just have to respect that they have a right to an opinion and that there is no such thing as right and wrong in many circumstances, its all a matter of opinion
January 24th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC

So tell us all about these wonderful values that Bush supporters in middle America have?????

I thought Bush's speech was a load of rubbish but then maybe I haven't got those special "values"!
exactly...well said.

what values, what morals....more importantly WHOSE morals and values.
January 24th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Who cares about the protesters, there where between 300-500 there. You are always going to have 300-500 malcontents that just need an excuse to hate anything.

Chewie - You live in friggin' New Zeland man. What the heck to you care what morals and values American society decides to have? Is the American presidentcy the new 'English Royal Family' of the world? Do you guys just enjoy reading Bush-demonizing tabloids for your entertainment or something because your own small countries arn't important enough to make an impact on the world even if you could muster up a leader as strong as Bush? Keep arguing man, and all I'm going to do is laugh because you can't do a darned thing about it. Bush is here to say. Texas pride.
January 24th, 2005  
Anya1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Is the American presidentcy the new 'English Royal Family' of the world?
Have a word. There is nothing Royal about bushes family. He is a plain and simple MP. Royal family is a total different thing. Its a birth right