it made me mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about this

Whispering Death said:
03USMC that was exactly what I was trying to say. You know what? Americans are quite tired of you outsiders attacking OUR president. Especially since this is a Texan who is running OUR country like any good Texan would.

Now I was asking why do they do it? I think it is because they are jellous that we Americans actually have a good strong leader and a good strong country. I think it's jellous petty people from weak nations trying to snipe at the strong nation. If they arn't willing to create a strong nation than they are going to try and bring anyone else down to their level.

Think some one needs to get a grip. Its ok for people to dig at the british priminister and countries yet its ok for you to bite some ones head off with an opinion! I think you need to open your eyes a little and see that its free will to comment on what you waht. Just because bush is a texan doesn't make him the source of all good. Every1 has a good and a bad part to them, thats just something that you will have to accept. Our priminister is getting a bashing in threads yet you don't see us brits ripping throats out (joining in maybe lol).
Its good to be proud of some one its another to argue blue in the face that he has not done wrong, cus lets face it not every 1 makes a good decision 100% of time.

Here's all I'm saying, the last time Brits tried to tell us how we should run our government I seem to recall it turning into quite the issue in 1776.

wise up

Whispering Death said:
Here's all I'm saying, the last time Brits tried to tell us how we should run our government I seem to recall it turning into quite the issue in 1776.

I seriously think you need to get off that fence and get your head out your back side.

I never said anything bout telling YOUR country what to do i was simpley saying you need to wise up on how to think as your thinking seems arrogant. My statement before seemed rational

Even as an outsider, I say it's a pretty silly thing to do when you tell the people of an established democracy who to vote for. That's up to them. I don't think I'd like it if any organization of foreign people showed up to tell me who to vote for in my country. I think the same goes for the rest of us.

Redneck said:
Cool it.

what values, what morals....more importantly WHOSE morals and values.

I'm assuming you fellows want everyone to go along with your own values here, correct? It is sad that this is even a question today, and that morals and a strong sense of values are things to be mocked. Where I come from these virtues generate respect, and rightly so in my opinion, for the life of me I cannot understand why they seem to be so threatening to some of you. Personally I am very proud and grateful that moral values can still be a deciding factor in my country.

took me ages to reply (internet down)
i would think that morals and values would be a personal thing. when the govt legislates it you start to have problems.
not everyone in the US has the same belief structure as Bush.

mainly i am talking about sex Ed in schools, abortions & same sex unions here.

chewie_nz said:
i would think that morals and values would be a personal thing. when the govt legislates it you start to have problems.
not everyone in the US has the same belief structure as Bush.

mainly i am talking about sex Ed in schools, abortions & same sex unions here.

Apparently the majority of the voting public felt that way.He was reelected.

03USMC said:
Apparently the majority of the voting public felt that way.He was reelected.

If you look at the real data you'll see that the morals&values is quite overstated. I think it mostly came down to the fact that Kerry couldn't market himself, he was a slimey politician and the majority of Americans where willing to forgive Bush for his mistakes rather than replace him with a sleeze ball.

Hmmm I don't know. I think one of the reasons that Kerry couldn't really "market" himself was because he had to appease the crowd making all the noise for the Democrats while not losing touch with the American public as a whole. I think he was smart enough to realize that it wasn't possible.

The Democratic Party as it stands now does not share the values of main stream Middle America. They champion causes that the average american does not find important in the grand scheme of things. They Pander to the far left elite in what ever Cause of the minute they are mewling about.

It's not only Kerry it's his party as a whole they have lost touch with the people who vote.

Well the more important statistic to me is that out of the people who voted for kerry only 30% of them voted for Kerry because they liked the guy, the other 70% voted for him only because they didn't like Bush. That tells me that Kerry convinced NOBODY that he was the right guy for the job.

Morals and values don't matter so much, all the Democrats really had to do was put just a marginally better candidate up there or use some slightly better tactics to sway just 1.5% and they would have won.

What really clinched the election was how the Republicans played the gay marriage issue. The whole thing was politics, Bush already said he dropped the dopey ammendment, he never had any intention of doing it. But tactically it was brilliant because the democrats played right into the trap by looking like they supported gay marriage. By the time they had realized their blunder the conservative base of the Republican party was already fueled with that impetus to vote. If the Dems. hadn't fallen for the skilled ambush I really think they would have won.

I'll agree the Gay Marriage issue was a play on both sides. But anyone who truely believed ethier side would implement it into legislation needs to clean their rose color glasses.

I feel the real issue for middle of the road voters was lack of a solid platform. The Dems could not pick one and stick to it. You could almost see it every time they held a press conference that told the public what they thought they wanted to hear.

Yeah, I liked how the talking heads would say things like, "well it seems like Bush's attacks are sticking more than Kerry's attack ads are, it's really unfair" and all I was sitting there thinking is BECAUSE THE BUSH ADS ARE TRUE! You can look and see that on one day Kerry was saying to ecologists that the tide of SUVs needed to be curbed but the previous day he was in Detroit telling auto workers that he was going to bring back this economy by keeping SUV sales strong!

In times of crisis people want clear and certain stands. Bush was very clear what his are - Kerry was not. It's just that simple.

Pogue Mahone said:
Strongbow said:
So tell us all about these wonderful values that Bush supporters in middle America have????? :?

I thought Bush's speech was a load of rubbish but then maybe I haven't got those special "values"! :lol:

I personally doubt you listened to the speach - maybe you saw a soundbite on the news.

What time was it on where you are?

What Bush spoke about was ending tyranny in the world as a goal

Maybe this isn't a value of yours

How practical it is is another matter of course, but as a general statement of values I would be surprised to find many people opposed to such a sentiment - or perhaps not - since there are enough people who simply hate President Bush with such a passion it really doesn't matter what he says or does

Tell me though - what do you think of President Kennedy's innuagural speach - you know "pay any price, bear any burdon, support any friend, oppose any foe"

Do you think that was a good speach - does that speak to your values?

I was there!!!!! Glad I was wearing my thermals!!!!!!!

The speech was very flat and uninspiring. Not a patch on JFK's little number.

(Some may be interested in this. I read that JFK had sexual relations with three women (none were Jacki) later that night after his speech. Check this out in the novel "The Last brother" by McGuiness.)

Peoples values shouldn't be questioned here no matter what political party or views they support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back