January 25th, 2005  
Redneck

Tone down the aggressiveness there.
January 25th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: what about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
03USMC that was exactly what I was trying to say. You know what? Americans are quite tired of you outsiders attacking OUR president. Especially since this is a Texan who is running OUR country like any good Texan would.

Now I was asking why do they do it? I think it is because they are jellous that we Americans actually have a good strong leader and a good strong country. I think it's jellous petty people from weak nations trying to snipe at the strong nation. If they arn't willing to create a strong nation than they are going to try and bring anyone else down to their level.
Think some one needs to get a grip. Its ok for people to dig at the british priminister and countries yet its ok for you to bite some ones head off with an opinion! I think you need to open your eyes a little and see that its free will to comment on what you waht. Just because bush is a texan doesn't make him the source of all good. Every1 has a good and a bad part to them, thats just something that you will have to accept. Our priminister is getting a bashing in threads yet you don't see us brits ripping throats out (joining in maybe lol).
Its good to be proud of some one its another to argue blue in the face that he has not done wrong, cus lets face it not every 1 makes a good decision 100% of time.
January 25th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Here's all I'm saying, the last time Brits tried to tell us how we should run our government I seem to recall it turning into quite the issue in 1776.
--
Boots
January 25th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: wise up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Here's all I'm saying, the last time Brits tried to tell us how we should run our government I seem to recall it turning into quite the issue in 1776.
I seriously think you need to get off that fence and get your head out your back side.

I never said anything bout telling YOUR country what to do i was simpley saying you need to wise up on how to think as your thinking seems arrogant. My statement before seemed rational
January 25th, 2005  
RnderSafe

Both of you, Anya and Whispering, tone it down .. now. Only and final warning.
January 25th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: sorry

sorry rndersafe,

just seems he just looks at his county and nothing else
January 25th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Yes, I think we've both exhaused our points, no further discussion is neccessary.
January 25th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Even as an outsider, I say it's a pretty silly thing to do when you tell the people of an established democracy who to vote for. That's up to them. I don't think I'd like it if any organization of foreign people showed up to tell me who to vote for in my country. I think the same goes for the rest of us.
January 25th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: yep yep

hear hear redneck
January 25th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Cool it.

Quote:
what values, what morals....more importantly WHOSE morals and values.

I'm assuming you fellows want everyone to go along with your own values here, correct? It is sad that this is even a question today, and that morals and a strong sense of values are things to be mocked. Where I come from these virtues generate respect, and rightly so in my opinion, for the life of me I cannot understand why they seem to be so threatening to some of you. Personally I am very proud and grateful that moral values can still be a deciding factor in my country.
took me ages to reply (internet down)
i would think that morals and values would be a personal thing. when the govt legislates it you start to have problems.
not everyone in the US has the same belief structure as Bush.

mainly i am talking about sex Ed in schools, abortions & same sex unions here.