it made me mad! - Page 2

--
Boots

January 24th, 2005  
Redneck

Cool it.

Quote:
what values, what morals....more importantly WHOSE morals and values.

I'm assuming you fellows want everyone to go along with your own values here, correct? It is sad that this is even a question today, and that morals and a strong sense of values are things to be mocked. Where I come from these virtues generate respect, and rightly so in my opinion, for the life of me I cannot understand why they seem to be so threatening to some of you. Personally I am very proud and grateful that moral values can still be a deciding factor in my country.
January 24th, 2005  
Pogue Mahone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow
So tell us all about these wonderful values that Bush supporters in middle America have?????

I thought Bush's speech was a load of rubbish but then maybe I haven't got those special "values"!
I personally doubt you listened to the speach - maybe you saw a soundbite on the news.

What time was it on where you are?

What Bush spoke about was ending tyranny in the world as a goal

Maybe this isn't a value of yours

How practical it is is another matter of course, but as a general statement of values I would be surprised to find many people opposed to such a sentiment - or perhaps not - since there are enough people who simply hate President Bush with such a passion it really doesn't matter what he says or does

Tell me though - what do you think of President Kennedy's innuagural speach - you know "pay any price, bear any burdon, support any friend, oppose any foe"

Do you think that was a good speach - does that speak to your values?
January 24th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: actually yes

Tell me though - what do you think of President Kennedy's innuagural speach - you know "pay any price, bear any burdon, support any friend, oppose any foe"

That is speach about helping, thats morals. Morals don't mean just help your self, thats greed. This is stating that there is more. If you look at that and think stupid then maybe there's something wrong with you?
--
Boots
January 24th, 2005  
03USMC

I can only speak for myself and the people I know in middle America. Their values are work, their faith and their ability to raise their family and live their life in realtive peace.Without having that trod upon by a well meaning, do gooder, elite form of goverment that "knows whats best" for the unwashed masses.

Some of the posts here should also give you a clue. We are not going to apologize to the "World Community" for who we elect to lead us, because quite frankly we think of our nation first and foremost. Because it's our Nation and the general concenus around here is Bush has our best interests at heart.

So aren't you glad you don't have to live here.
January 24th, 2005  
Pogue Mahone

Topic: Re: actually yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982

That is speach about helping, thats morals. Morals don't mean just help your self, thats greed. This is stating that there is more. If you look at that and think stupid then maybe there's something wrong with you?
So you disagree with Chewie and Strongbow above - you like this kind of appeal to core values
January 24th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: Re: actually yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982

So you disagree with Chewie and Strongbow above - you like this kind of appeal to core values
This is what should be done. You help your self by helping others. Like the saying goes " what goes around comes around"

But lets face it who has taken up those vow's in the past few years unless theres been a massive world disaster??
January 24th, 2005  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
I can only speak for myself and the people I know in middle America. Their values are work, their faith and their ability to raise their family and live their life in realtive peace.Without having that trod upon by a well meaning, do gooder, elite form of goverment that "knows whats best" for the unwashed masses.

Some of the posts here should also give you a clue. We are not going to apologize to the "World Community" for who we elect to lead us, because quite frankly we think of our nation first and foremost. Because it's our Nation and the general concenus around here is Bush has our best interests at heart.
Couldn't agree more 03.
January 24th, 2005  
Doc.S

I really understand why some americans are proud of their country and their choice of leadership. There should be more leaders as George W Bush and maybe I could be proud of something too. It cant be anything else then healthy to have a country and a leader that ultimatly thinks of their nation first and foremost and that heart thing 03USMC, is probably true too. I would be proud all the way into my heart if I had a leader that did something more then just talk and smile and look stupid as fast as something bites them in the ass. Some leaders and partys are experts of letting things just fall apart and toss all guilt around themselfe when it is allready to late. But there are alot of useful idiots in this world so they dont have to worry a bit. They know that they can continue to suck my intestines clean untill I am 6 foot under.

Why should they even try to worry? I think alot more ppl then America should be proud of George W Bush. That man have done something utmost unbelievable that I dont think any other leader in this world could have succed to work out to be honest. And thats why the world community may stand a bit rotten when they get the itchy feeling on their backs that they dont really match that mans ambitions. The world community would do themselfe a favour if they could stand straight and face the cameras and tell the world. This was what we should have done a long time ago but we didn`t. Instead of bashing out all that hollywood complaining BS story. There are men and women with balls and there are REMOVED This world is unfurtunatly govern by a large lump of REMOVED and thats all.

A piece of my mind.

Cheers:
Doc.S
January 24th, 2005  
Pogue Mahone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.S
I really understand why some americans are proud of their country and their choice of leadership. There should be more leaders as George W Bush and maybe I could be proud of something too. It cant be anything else then healthy to have a country and a leader that ultimatly thinks of their nation first and foremost and that heart thing 03USMC, is probably true too. I would be proud all the way into my heart if I had a leader that did something more then just talk and smile and look stupid as fast as something bites them in the ass. Some leaders and partys are experts of letting things just fall apart and toss all guilt around themselfe when it is allready to late. But there are alot of useful idiots in this world so they dont have to worry a bit. They know that they can continue to suck my intestines clean untill I am 6 foot under.

Why should they even try to worry? I think alot more ppl then America should be proud of George W Bush. That man have done something utmost unbelievable that I dont think any other leader in this world could have succed to work out to be honest. And thats why the world community may stand a bit rotten when they get the itchy feeling on their backs that they dont really match that mans ambitions. The world community would do themselfe a favour if they could stand straight and face the cameras and tell the world. This was what we should have done a long time ago but we didn`t. Instead of bashing out all that hollywood complaining BS story. There are men and women with balls and there are REMOVED This world is unfurtunatly govern by a large lump of REMOVED and thats all.

A piece of my mind.

Cheers:
Doc.S

hear hear - well said sir

It is because I know that there are people in Europe who feel as you do - i know because I have met them and know them - that I refrain from saying "europeans this or that"

Its some europeans - but still this Bush-hatred is practically an epidemic that has infected the whole culture of europe - so its not just a few europeans

Its most Finns sad to say

But I know there are more and more who get it - who did listen to Bush's speach and understood that here is the only man in the world standing up for some greater purpose - and compared to ankle biters like Chirac and Schroeder - we can see which is a great man

Hitory will be the ultimate judge of GW Bush - for all our sakes I hope it judges him well
January 25th, 2005  
Whispering Death

03USMC that was exactly what I was trying to say. You know what? Americans are quite tired of you outsiders attacking OUR president. Especially since this is a Texan who is running OUR country like any good Texan would.

Now I was asking why do they do it? I think it is because they are jellous that we Americans actually have a good strong leader and a good strong country. I think it's jellous petty people from weak nations trying to snipe at the strong nation. If they arn't willing to create a strong nation than they are going to try and bring anyone else down to their level.