M1A2 SEP II TUSK II

Venoxxis

top.jpg

It looks cool right?

top.jpg

It looks cool right?

An amazing machine in it's own right, however in a future conflict climate I wonder how the Abrams incredible reliance on a long and demanding supply lines along with the needs for delicate parts and components in order for it to operate effectively.

Especially if further expensive and heavily engineered additions to the weapon system may turn the modern Abrams into today's Tiger ll.

No matter how good a tank is, it still has an achilles heel. It may be superior to other tanks, but it's on tracks that can be defeated and I certainly wouldn't want to be in one and have an A10 shooting at me. No reason the opponent can't develop a weapon to neutralize a tank. Personally I think tanks are obsolete potential very expensive coffins.

I am not sure I agree, I certainly doubt we will see the likes of Kursk bettered in terms of numbers but as yet there is nothing out there that fills the role of an MBT quite as well as an actual MBT.

In a rural/back country environment, yes the MBT has a place. But when you go urban the terms and conditions of battle change making the MBT more of a sitting duck. Take into consideration the improvised tank a man made years ago in Granby Colorado. Though an improvised tank, he ran into a problem- basements. That stopped his tank. I have zero experience with tanks of course, but I look at that being a significant problem in the urban environment.
I dunno. You have experience in this that I don't have. So maybe I'm wrong about it.

In a rural/back country environment, yes the MBT has a place. But when you go urban the terms and conditions of battle change making the MBT more of a sitting duck. Take into consideration the improvised tank a man made years ago in Granby Colorado. Though an improvised tank, he ran into a problem- basements. That stopped his tank. I have zero experience with tanks of course, but I look at that being a significant problem in the urban environment.
I dunno. You have experience in this that I don't have. So maybe I'm wrong about it.

Hehe other than the tank I keep fish in I have no experience with them at all so your guess is as good as mine on this issue.

Isn't this the urban version of the M1A2? Why did they only put reactive armour on this type then? it would cause a whole lot more collateral damage. If it's driving through a street and some nut job 8 year old terrorist shoots one of the reactive plates and blows up half the street.

Back