M18/M18A1 Claymore APERS mine

FO Seaman

I have a M18 Claymore mine with all its equiptment, Detonator, test lamp, and wire.

I think it maybe the real deal, I think that its real but the explosives have been removed but I need some help determining.

127-2717_IMG.jpg

127-2718_IMG.jpg

Take a pistol and fire a couple shots at it - make sure it's a dud :twisted:

Just kidding...looks pretty real to me. Where di you make a find like this, if I may ask!

Open it, from that place where those "legs" are connected with a screwdriver or something softer.

All 700 hundred stelel ball bearings are inside it and the back says BACK APERS.

I found it on a range trail at Knox. I was walking down a dirt road near my housing area. Got some M18 Smoke nade spoons and pins too. And a target hit by a Claymore.

It's a Claymore. A word of advice. You need to find out if it is indeed "live". If the projectiles are there then the charge maybe as well .
You being in possession of it could constitute possesion of a WMD and or Explosive Device by several State's Statutes and under the United States Criminal Code.

Contact your Police Dept. or the US Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. Or they might pay you a visit anyway.

It contains no explosives. I was wondering how long it would take so one to see it says INERT on it and has a blue line on it, blue the color for training and dummy equpitment, this is a real Claymore with the C4 crage removed, but eveything else is 100% real.

Pete031 said:
You are right 03USMC, getting fined or blown up isn't worth having a souvenir at home.....

From the way you talk it looks like you don't have much expircence in Claymores. The Claymore blows 700 steel ball bearings in a fan shape (i.e. Front Toward Enemy and APERS Back), it does blowup but the safe zone is up to five feet from the behind.

Cadet Airman Adam Seaman said:
Pete031 said:
You are right 03USMC, getting fined or blown up isn't worth having a souvenir at home.....

From the way you talk it looks like you don't have much expircence in Claymores. The Claymore blows 700 steel ball bearings in a fan shape (i.e. Front Toward Enemy and APERS Back), it does blowup but the safe zone is up to five feet from the behind.

I'm fairly certain a serving infantry man has experiance with claymors. he was advsing you for your own safety; as some were concerned you'd try tampering with the thing.

Right, that makes sense because a person who would accidentally have a live claymore souvineer would never display it facing frontwards...

It contains no explosives. I was wondering how long it would take so one to see it says INERT on it and has a blue line on it, blue the color for training and dummy equpitment, this is a real Claymore with the C4 crage removed, but eveything else is 100% real.

No one pays any attention to images anymore.. ;)

[/quote]

I'm fairly certain a serving infantry man has experience with claymors. he was advising you for your own safety; as some were concerned you'd try tampering with the thing.[/quote]

One would think wouldn't they. But then JROTC drills must trump Petes training :roll:

Cadet I don't care whats stenciled on ordnance what color code they carry, until I know it's status. Especially when it's in the hands of a youngin with no training.

As far as the danger zone being in front of the Claymore. Well bad things can happen if you don't know what your doing behind it too. Very bad things.

Where did you get it? If there really is no explosives inside that claymore part itself fits as paper weight.

Detonator is dangerous! They can accidentally explode in hands and then you at least have less number of fingers and can get you even blinded. Is wire exploding type?

As far as the danger zone being in front of the Claymore. Well bad things can happen if you don't know what your doing behind it too. Very bad things.

03, how often would you let your squads setup a real claymore less than 10 meters away and without a pit or log to deflect back blast?

Blue line, inert or not, I have .50 rounds that are designated inert, but still have the primer in them, that primer can do alot of damage, as do blasting caps. It is better to have it checked out.

03, how often would you let your squads setup a real claymore less than 10 meters away and without a pit or log to deflect back blast?

[/quote]

Uh lets see.............Never. Not to mention the fact that they were Marines who had been trained in the use of Claymores.

03USMC said:

Uh lets see.............Never. Not to mention the fact that they were Marines who had been trained in the use of Claymores.[/quote]

My point. 5 feet, yikes.....take that clacker with you, but I guess at 5 feet, it doesn't matter, just stretch out of your hole....

Exactly THATS WHY THE ISSUE it with that big spool . The claymore is great it's got all sorts of uses that are of great benefit to the user and nasty for the bad guys if the weapon is deployed properly. Otherwise well it can reverse in a hurry.

How many times did you have to stress to your guys to check the light on the clacker? Or it would get ugly?

Back