M16 training rifles

USMCtbone

This might not belong in this category but I had no clue where else to put it. I am looking for a vendor that sells the M16 rubber training rifles for my unit. Does anyone know where I can find them? Thanks.

Cpl Christopher R. Parham
III MEF Band
Okinawa. Japan

ASP males them. They're bright red. Also they make the M4 Carbine Rubber Duck.

ASP07407.jpg

ASP07403.jpg

http://www.asp-net.com/Products/SectionFamily.asp?SectionID=2&FamilyID=2988

Last edited:
Damien435 said:
By rubber training rifles to you mean the rifle itself is rubber or they fire rubber bullets?

They're made of urethane, and no, they aren't real and can't fire anything. Just replicas used for training.

SHERMAN said:
what you need them for? they are useless...

They aren't "useless" and are great for training, but I doubt Zander could find a practical reason to waste $200 to purchase one.

I wouldn't buy one, I would recommend to my school for use during Weapon training and Drills training. Quite good for rifle drills.

They aren't "useless" and are great for training

As far as i know, they dont weigh the same as the real thing, dont allow you to ****, change firing modes or pull the trigger...am i wrong? cause if not, they are not to usefull for my taste. what do they practice you at? holding the weapon? might as well buy a good airsoft copy of the M16, get much better training for not a whole lot more money...(and i have had the unfortunate experience of actually training with the full length m16 in CQB in the dessert, which convinced me the real thing is almost as usefull as the rubber duck...:))

But they teach you weapon safety, how to carry a firearm, how to disarm someone with a firearm in hand to hand combat, and so on and so forth.

At the Police Academy, we all carry "rubber ducks". Rubber training pistols. Why, to let you get used to having a firearm on you 24/7. To teach you how to disarm someone hen you arrest them, to teach you how not to get your firearm taken away during a fight.

They're great training tools.

Lastly, you can't break the damn things. A airsoft rifle will break if you hit it hard enough. The Rubber Duck is just that. A piece of hard rubber.

But they teach you weapon safety, how to carry a firearm, how to disarm someone with a firearm in hand to hand combat, and so on and so forth.

All of those were taught to me with a real gun. In some cases we took the firing mechanisem out before training.

Why, to let you get used to having a firearm on you 24/7.
Why not just carry a real one?

Lastly, you can't break the damn things. A airsoft rifle will break if you hit it hard enough. The Rubber Duck is just that. A piece of hard rubber

That is a good point. I forgot how damn fragile the airsoft rifles are...

Mass sale is like equiping a whole nation. Not a couple of squads.

We use them because a Rubber Duck pistol is $50 a pop and a rifle is a $100 a pop. You can get deals on live rifles but still. FN will not sell you a Ar-15 for $100 a rifle.

SHERMAN said:
like i mentioned in another thread, i wouldent take them for free....:)

I believe youthful ignorance is the cause for your comments. I know how to spot it, I had tons of it when I was younger. :mrgreen:

Rubber ducks are great training aids. Just because you don't understand their uses, doesn't mean they are useless. Most these days are actually designed to weigh exactly what a loaded M16/M4 would weigh. They're great for training for a lot of ops, especially if you aren't doing any live fires. We have the M4s and they're great.

Fast roping (ever had the barrel of the guy behind you jam into your neck? It isn't fun), ruck marches, dismount drills, close quarter drills. Why take the risk of damaging the a real weapon if you're simply using it as a battle load out for other training or you're simply working on drills and familiarization?

When we're done, I don't have to inspect them or clean them or worry about damaging them. They just go right back in to storage.

US SOF has used them as training aids forever, and well, we do sorta know what we're doing. :wink:

For civilian agencies, they're very ideal. Like 5.56 for example, he was just at the police academy. Instead of outfitting everyone with expensive sidearms and carbines, they use rubber ducks for training.

Hmm, I wonder, could you maybe use one of these to pistol whip a person? Someone says something stupid and you pull it out and slap em across the face with it, simple yet effective.

Back