M109 paladin

Bubbles

Hi I'm curious about some of the m109 YouTube videos. I've seen a few that seem to show different crew configuration. Some have the commander, number one (who loads the shell?) and the loader who passes him the charge? But then sometimes there is a 4th guy just stood or Sat on the shelf just watching. Any ideas?

Hi I'm curious about some of the m109 YouTube videos. I've seen a few that seem to show different crew configuration. Some have the commander, number one (who loads the shell?) and the loader who passes him the charge? But then sometimes there is a 4th guy just stood or Sat on the shelf just watching. Any ideas?

No idea on this but i do know a Swiss varient uses a 6 man crew instead of the 8 man one which may explain the configuraton differences.

OK, curiosity prevails! Do you know if that army deploys an armoured ammo truck like the US does?
As I recall until the the mid-1990s the British use the M548 which you could at a stretch call lightly armoured but thought they were replaced with the German HX series of armoured cab trucks.

Have any of you been inside an M109A when the tube recoils out the back door and flashes the inside of the tank?

Have any of you been inside an M109A when the tube recoils out the back door and flashes the inside of the tank?

Never been inside an M109 at all but that senario really doesn't sound like something anyone would enjoy.

Back