The M1 (The Tank)

Cadet Seaman said:

5.) Kenetic Energy is was it is Kenetic Energy. Weather the round have a Depleted Uranium or Tungsten Penetrator. Bullet's and KE rounds act very similiar, but are different. KE was made in the mind set as strictly and AP asset. Source: This is my first hand exprince from time at the Table 8 Gunnery Range and at the Rifle Range, and a little study time.

If a round is a KE round, it simply means that it uses kinetic energy to kill its target (like a rock, arrow, bullet etc) rather than chemical energy as in an explosive round. Most current anti-tank rounds use kinetic energy to penetrate the target and explosives to fry it.
Cadet Seaman said:
6.) The replace is kind alike a Light Tank with MAC gun (Magnetic Acceration Coil). I can't remember it's offical designation, but I did see an COAO/Team Soldier report on it.
Essentially a rail-gun?

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
If a round is a KE round, it simply means that it uses kinetic energy to kill its target (like a rock, arrow, bullet etc) rather than chemical energy as in an explosive round. Most current anti-tank rounds use kinetic energy to penetrate the target and explosives to fry it.
Essentially a rail-gun?

I know what a KE round is. The force of thr M829A2 is equal to that of a mile long frieght train goin 70 MPH.

Keep in mind when you say railgun that in my mind I see Big Greta or Anzio Anne, bot a MAC gun.

Back