M1 grand explodes while shooting

In both videos the round was not properly chambered. This is when the bolt does not seat the bullet or itself correctly.

In both videos the round was not properly chambered. This is when the bolt does not seat the bullet or itself correctly.

It also doesn't help that in both help they appear not to entirely know the ins and outs of the weapon. This of course is only a general observation, and they could be excellent marksmen. However, it's usually a bad idea to continue to attempt to fire a weapon that has been jammed.

Yeah, that too.And if a gun misfires like that, you'd think they'd let it cook off for 5 or so minutes.

Take care of your gun and it'll take care of you. Abuse it and it won't be there when ya need it.

Yeah, that too.And if a gun misfires like that, you'd think they'd let it cook off for 5 or so minutes.

Take care of your gun and it'll take care of you. Abuse it and it won't be there when ya need it.

Well yeah, that's the basics of handling a firearm. And the thing is, personally I've never had a weapon jam up on me like that. But then again, I keep my firearms clean so...

I've had a gun jam on me before. Cleaning is important, but sometimes it's a bad primer or bad powder. It's a real PIA to get a bullet out of a barrel when the primer was good but the powder wasn't.

I've had a gun jam on me before. Cleaning is important, but sometimes it's a bad primer or bad powder. It's a real PIA to get a bullet out of a barrel when the primer was good but the powder wasn't.

Oh of course. The only time I had a gun not fire on me was I went to fire a black powder revolver and didn't realize the primer had fallen off. There was a click and nothing happened. I got to looking and after ten minutes of staring realized that there wasn't anything to ignite the powder. I had a "here's your sign" moment.

Oh of course. The only time I had a gun not fire on me was I went to fire a black powder revolver and didn't realize the primer had fallen off. There was a click and nothing happened. I got to looking and after ten minutes of staring realized that there wasn't anything to ignite the powder. I had a "here's your sign" moment.
That's why you usually give a pistol cap a little pinch.

Standard drill in training or range situation was to announce, "Misfire-wait 30 seconds." Never try to open an action in less time than this.
Lots of old surplus ammo will do this.
Idiots treating real weapons like kids toys with no real understanding or training.

That's why you usually give a pistol cap a little pinch.

Yup. I was young when I did this, maybe h fifteen or so. I ain't know any better. And it was so obvious, but I remember distinctly staring at the lack of a primer and not thinking anything was wrong.

Standard drill in training or range situation was to announce, "Misfire-wait 30 seconds." Never try to open an action in less time than this.
Lots of old surplus ammo will do this.
Idiots treating real weapons like kids toys with no real understanding or training.

That's why if I don't know it, I don't touch it! Looking cool trying to handle something you don't know how to properly handle is a dumb excuse to injure yourself or kill a buddy. Sadly I know a few instances of such from a few firearms enthusiasts...

This will sound crazy, but how do you handle a misfire in combat?

If you can safely unjam the weapon without exposing yourself for too long, great, do it. But of screwing with the weapon is going to get you shot, well you might want to find something else.

Back