M1 Garand

OORAH

I just got my M1 Garand form a gun show today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited, me and my dad went to walmart to buy some ammo for it, and i cant wait to get a chance to fire it.

I was hoping if anybody knew of a place i could find some literature on it(assembly, cleaning, etc). thanks a bunch.

OORAH said:
I just got my M1 Garand form a gun show today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited, me and my dad went to walmart to buy some ammo for it, and i cant wait to get a chance to fire it.

I was hoping if anybody knew of a place i could find some literature on it(assembly, cleaning, etc). thanks a bunch.

Try and google it mate, u might find some useful info on how to clean the garand ;-)

OORAH, ya make me more jealous. Lol. Take care of it like a baby, got it?

By the way, cool M-1 Garand website, King.

We practiced field stripping and reassembling the M1 blindfolded on our bunks in Basic. I think it's like learning your serial number, you'll never forget once you do it a few times. In this picture, we were timed but at least we could see. You'll learn to love it like a girlfriend.

fieldstrip.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I wish that I never sold my M1 Garand. They are great rifles. I might get me a Modern Springfield Armory chambered in 7.62X51mm.

Well, M1 Garands were pumped out untill the mid 1950s. So some might not be WWII, they might be Korean or even after that.

Well, M1 garands can turn up anywehere. After WWII and Koera. The USA gave them away like candy.

They were given to the South Vietnamese, Haitians, Italians, and so one and so fourth.

True..

But correction, it was the Lee Enfield that was in Yemen. Saw it in some Tv program, but it said after 9/11 and the rise of the terrorist, most of the gun shops in Yemen were closed..
dang, could have got me one lol 8)

your grammar are sucks huh?

its okay man :) this is life, we are all humans, and we are here to help each other out okay? :)

correct form:

I know, my grammar sucks. easy :)

but its ok friend, you can still live

Back