M1 Garand

sorry for not replying to any of the posts here, haven't had the chance to get on the site for a while

I bought the M1, which by the way, I do love like a girlfriend, at a gunshow in my town that they have every year. A guy was selling two of them, one for $650 and the other for $550. I chose the 650 one, becuase it looked a little better, and that is the troop number of my boy scout troop. I payed for 550 of it, and my dad generously donated 100 dollars to the Guns-4-Brandon Fund(which is my personal fundraiser to buy my precious guns that i love so much). The guy through in two magazines for it, and we went to walmart and bought a 20 round box of 30-06 ammo(don't know if thats how you write it). I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet, but i cant wait.

Next item on the list is a 1903 Springfield. THat one will be a little harder and pricier to get.

If you would like to make a donation to the Guns-4-Brandon Fund, or would like to donate one of your own firearms, please pm me, and I will selfishly take your generous donation.:cheers:

I have 2 Arisakas from WW2. My great uncle picked them up during campigns in pacific theatre. Right now, I'm waiting to buy 6.5mm caliber or 7.7mm. And no, they are NOT for sale, sorry.

Fox said:
Selling M1 Garand to Yemen? Where did you heard all about it?

Thats not surprising, they found a sh*t load of Kar 98k's in Iraq. I saw a photo of a huge dumbster full of um.

yep, and just after all this terrorist thing have been going on, the governments have been clearing and shuting down those shops.

650 cold hard american dollars.

best money i have ever spent

update: we ordered 500 rounds for her from Shotgun News magazine. only cost about 80 bucks, and they were already in the 8 round clips and in bandoleers.

at a gun show i went to about 2 months ago

URGENT UPDATE:

last night i went down to the local gun club and squeezed off about 50 rounds. That was some of the most enjoyable shooting i've experienced in quite some time. quite possibly some of the noisiest as well.

The only time I wanted something lighter than an M1 was on long marches. The qual range was great though. Once you get the peep sight picture down, you can hit anything out to 500 yards.

Yes, that's the amount I payed for my M1 Garand.

It was a Danish import.

The reciever was made by the Springfield Armory in 1945 and after the war. It was given to the Danish Army as lend lease.

In the 1960s, the Danish Army gave it a new stock and also replaced the shot out barrel. It was then put into Army storage for the next 30 years. After that. The Danish Army gave it back tp the US Army. And the US Army sold it through the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Which in turn I bought for the price of $400 US.

Last edited:
Back