M1 Garand, Modern Day DM Rifle

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
The M1 Garand is still a powerful and useful battlefield tool.

By simply adding a synthetic stock, flash hider, folding bi-pod, and a scope mount with a good scope. The M1 Garand will be a good battlefield DM Rifle.

I'm thinking of doing it to my CMP Garand. Best thing about it is that all the things that would turn it into a moden day DM Rifle is that nothing is permanent.

ram_f_m1_garand.jpg

m1garandHandguardRail_50.jpg

M1RailRifle-500.jpg

M1Rail-300.jpg

M1RailScope-200.jpg

garandmuzzlebreakSE-400_50.jpg

I have a M1A but still, it's not as fun as my M1 Garand. My Garand is a better rifle because it's a real military rifle. the M1A is a civilian production. Great rifle but still not military. Also, I'm a huge fan of the .30-06 Springfield (7.62x63mm).

I think I'll have a great hunting/police rifle.

Last edited:
I like those Enhanced Battle Rifles made off of the M14 or M1A platforms, all syntetic furniture with 4 1913 rails...mmmm. Now they need a Garand EBR, and we'll both be happy.

That's Springfield Armory's SOCOM II Rifle. I've played with them. Sweet little rifle. But I don't like a 16 inch .308 Rifle. You waste alot of the energy from the round. In my opinion, either a 18 inch or 20 inch barrel on those M1As are a good platform. What a shame they don't offer the SOCOM II package on their Scout Sqaud Rifle.

SOCOMGENII.jpg

SOCOM II

ScoutSquadTop.jpg

Scout Squad Rifle

You sure? I thought the EBR was a strictly in-house thing with SOCOM, being that it's full auto, no? I could be mistaken, but I thought the SOCOM II was the civilian version. I'll look into it a bit more.

My mistake, the M14 EBR is a military contract firearm. They are military M14 with the EBR system. I thought you meant the Civilian Springfield Armory SOCOM II as the M14 EBR Rifle.

My favorite DM rifle is the Alexander Arms Grendel Designated Marksman Rifle.

But, I wouldn't mind having an M1A with a synthetic stock and bipod.

...a .50 cal AR-15 sounds nice. :D

A bit more than $1 a round is sorta pricy on top of the price tag on the rifle, though. I wonder how it would perform against the M1?

Alexander Arms Grendel Designated Marksman Rifle is not the .50 Beowulf caliber rifle. It's the 6.5 Grendel. One hell of a caliber, just a shame that it's not very popular.

I got that. I was just looking at their site and reading up on the Beowulf. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Back