Is the M1 Cost Effective?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cadet Seaman said:
AlexKall said:
"on the up side a turbine is easier to maintain, can be fixed quite easily and can be change out faster than a diesel."

How long does it take to change a turbine in the M1A2SEP?

40 minutes

And the STRV 122 time is 15 - 20 minutes and that is with conscript personel, will try to get that figure confirmed by my source :)

AlexKall said:
Cadet Seaman said:
AlexKall said:
"on the up side a turbine is easier to maintain, can be fixed quite easily and can be change out faster than a diesel."

40 minutes

And the STRV 122 time is 15 - 20 minutes and that is with conscript personel, will try to get that figure confirmed by my source :)

Did you mean to change a part of the whole turbine? The crew can change the whole turbine in about 40 minutes.

Cadet Seaman said:
AlexKall said:
Cadet Seaman said:
AlexKall said:

40 minutes

Did you mean to change a part of the whole turbine? The crew can change the whole turbine in about 40 minutes.

Complete engine.

Hmm...I think a new tank design is in order, but not immediately. Combine the strengths of the Abrams with the strengths of the Stryker.

Back