M-14 Back in Action!!!!!!

There is really nothing special about the M-14, its just a battle rifle. Not being a American I don't get teh hype on this rifle. But the I think FN-FAL should be back in business.

I could learn to love the FN-FAL, but I have more experience with the M14 so it's what I'm more comfortable with. Too me, it's just more comfortable to shoot. Besides, the FN-FAL is an assault rifle. I don't think any of us here are extolling the virtues of the M14 in the same capacity.

The M14 is an American Icon. Just like the 1911-A1.

The M14 is the last battle rifle that was made for a marksmen. Wooden Stock, solid steel receiver, blued parts. And it fires the manly cartridge of 7.62x51mm NATO, which is a huge and popular round for many hunters in north America. The only cartridge that beats it in popularty is the .30-06 Springfield.

Also the M14 is the best designs of the M1 Garand. Which is one kick ass rifle.

I have nothing against the FN FAL. The US army almost adpoted the rifle too. It's just that we like our own designs. So we went with the T-44, which became the M14.

Hell, the M14 design came out because of Operation Olympia. American Military brass tried making the M1 garand work off BAR magazines. The design did work, it just needed to be fine tuned. And from that, the T-44 was made,. Which became the M14.

In Taiwan,M14 is still on work.
08.gif

machine tools for M14 production were sold to Taiwan,
and the production was continued as the same country military rifle "M57".
More than 1,000,000 M14-T were made.

Yes, it's still used in the Navy, but mainly for replenishments-at-sea, to shoot lines across the gaps between ships.

You're drinking some Kool-Aid, The US NAVY does not use M14s to shoot line across gaps, you actually have a line shooting gun for that, and the main part of the time the BMs still heave the line. The M14 is used for permieter defense, when you go on a ship while in port you will find the Sentries moving around Fore and Aft with M14s slung on their shoulder ready in case needed to open fire.

You mean like this "line shooting gun"? Looks suspiciously like an M-14.
web_020811-N-7676W-014.jpg

Maybe you'd like some of this delicious Kool-Aid?

Looks like the rifle grenade doo-hicky they used to use back in the day... but the photo is blurry, hard to tell.

I know the reference pre-dates all you youngins as it was during my childhood that Jonestown happened.

Back